chapter 43 | Intimate call

•••

1 pm.

"Y/n?" a female voice wakes me up, some soft knocking on the door following the sound of it. "Yes?" I answer in a weak manner, my throat feeling dry after crying each time I woke up in the middle of my nap. "I cooked lunch, don't you want to join us at the table and feed your stomach a little?"

"Yes, I'm coming," I accept, clearing my throat. "Okay, we're waiting for you, sweetie," she kindly replies and walks away. I roll on my side and grab my phone to check if I receive another text but feel my heart warm up at the sight of my favorite contact written on my screen.

< Look how even more beautiful the sky is from here, I can imagine you beneath them🥰❤ ]

I take a closer at the picture he took with the clouds that are close to him. I smile and save it, before answering him after one hour late.

[ your face is more beautiful❤ >

He doesn't answer, so I believe he's sleeping. I can still hear his heartbeat, and it sounds pretty regular and slow, so I guess he's peacefully traveling through his dreams like a baby.

I don't turn the device off but keep put it in the front pocket of my hoodie to keep his heartbeat against my body as if he was hugging me with his strong one. I leave the bed with my hands on the small cushion and take my hood off to get out of the room.

I close the door behind me and make my way to the living room where the dining table is, and where Mister and Mistress Jeon are. 

"Hello," she greets me first with a bright smile, making me respond to her with the same expression, and I bow to them. "Hello," I sit down at the chair, which faces Youngmi, and which is next to Jungho, who is between us.

"I asked Jungkook what kind of food you like to eat, so I cooked this to make sure you would like it. Eat well, all right?" she already pampers me. I nod and take hold of the chopsticks to dig in.

"So, did you have a good night? Does the bed feels comfortable enough?" she smiles at me, and I nod to her while chewing on my food. "Good, No one has slept it in for years, but I always change the sheets to make sure this is always as pretty as it was when our Jungkookie left the house."

I smile at her, seeing and hearing all the love she feels for her child. "Oh, and Jungho told me about the bracelets you bought for Jungkook, this is so adorable and lovely of you to do this to keep you both in contact as if you could touch each other."

"I tried to find something that could be more special for us, that's why I bought them," I tell her. "That's sweet, and I feel like this is more meaningful than the motorcycle the other woman bought him, she wasn't sincere, and we both knew it. She was so much of an arrogant woman, but we never stopped Jungkook because we—"

"Honey," Jungho interrupts her. "Let's not talk about her."

"Oh...yes. I'm sorry," she apologizes to me, maybe forgetting she should avoid mentioning Jungkook's ex-wife in front of me. "Let's talk about you, I heard that your par— I mean, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but I heard that your parents didn't react well to your relationship with Jungkook...why did they not accept?"

"Oh well..." I glance down and stir up in my dish, nervously. "My dad didn't accept the fact that Jungkook fell in love with me because he's thirty-two years old...no matter what I tried to do and say...he still didn't want to trust him, so now they don't talk to me anymore..."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, sweetheart," she gazes at me with real pain and no fake emotions. "I hope they will change their mind. I mean...I can understand him in a way, but he knew Jungkook, he was his favorite employee, and he always trusted him..."