¬ 5

LOSER CLUB - CHAPTER FIVE

(The quarry)

"And I've never had no one to call my own."

As the boys were debating who was gonna jump into the quarry first, Ray and Amber were trying to get Layla out her clothes, "Why?" Amber groaned, "Cause I don't want." Layla replied, "Reason, please?" Ray asked, "Richie may think I'm fat or ugly." she whispered truthfully, "Well not going in, he will think you're a pussy." Ray shrugged, "Wow. Thanks sis." Layla scowled, "Just take it off then run and jump in." Amber explained, "But I don't want to go by myself." Layla made another excuse, "Oh my god." Ray sighed slapping her own cheek instead of Layla's, "Look, I hate, heights or anything to do with free fall or falling but I'm doing this. So fucking get undressed, we will all run and jump hand in hand. Yeah?" Amber looked between the two, "Fine." Layla agreed, "Oh, finally." Ray cheered. The three of them stood a distance behind the line of boys and Ray yelled, "Move it, pussies." all 5 of the boys looked back and moved away giving a great gap for them to run, "Wait." "Not yet." "Stop." "Oh, shit." "No." Ray, Layla and Amber all ignored the protests for them to stop but they jumped anyway. 

When they hit the water all of their connected hands, let go. Each of them broke through the water surface breathing in and out heavily, with smiles on their faces they looked up to see another figure descending down, "Who is that?" Amber asked, all 5 boys were still stood there but somebody just jumped. They came to realisation when the person hit the water, "Beverly."  

Soon enough all nine of them were splashing around in the water, then they all decided to have a team war, Ed being the referee, the teams were pretty obvious but there were some kinks since Eddie didn't want to do it, Ray was on Bill's shoulders, Amber was on Stan's shoulders, Layla was on Richie's shoulders and Beverly was on Ben's shoulders. 

They all began to push each other around and the aim was to be the last pair standing, Richie and Layla were pushing Beverly and Ben whilst Bill and Ray were pushing Amber and Stan, Ed was just watching, not saying a word, as jealousy grew inside of him. He didn't know why, oh wait, of course he did. "They're down! Yes!" Richie yelled, "One point to us!" Layla moved her arms in circles as she did her victory dance. They was a big splash and Ray was off Bill's shoulders, they all watched as he immediately turned around and bought her back to the surface. "Game on, douches." Layla smirked as Richie turned them to face the last pair, "Game on." Amber fake cracked her knuckles. Everyone watched waiting to see who was going to fall of, "We won!" Amber yelled hugging Stanley's head from where she was sat, "Uh, we were so close." Layla giggled as she appeared from beneath the water. Climbing onto Richie's back in the water, her heart still picked up when his hands slid under her legs to keep her steady. The seven of them just began to swim around and splash each other whilst Bill and Ray watched them. 

Ray had a smile on her face, watching her friends have fun and let loose, with no care that Henry Bowers could come round the corner at any moment, or even the face that none of them were worried out what happened yesterday, the thought of everyone leaving her made her smile falter but her smile came back as soon as it went, the girl felt eyes on her and she looked to her right to see Bill just looking away, smiling even more she swam over to him just so she was by him, "You okay?" Ray asked, "Yeah, I-I mean the real q-question is, are you okay? I m-mean after y-yesterday." Bill stuttered, he noticed the change on her face, "Yeah, I'm fine too." she smiled at him. There was then a silence between them, a comfortable one. Bill felt a hand slip into his, looking to his right he saw Ray smiling and looking ahead, smiling to himself he looked back to his friends. So much had changed over the years.

After thinking they found a turtle and nearly lost Layla who tried to swim after it they were all sat on the side of the quarry. As the 5 boys were gawking over Beverly's figure laying on the ground, the other 3 girls went to go change. "Guys, do you think Ed hates me? Cause he's been ignoring me." Amber asked as they all put the same clothes which they had on before back on, "No, I wasn't really paying attention." Layla shrugged, "And you say I'm not helpful. But A, I don't think he could ever hate you." Ray smiled at Amber and glared at her twin.

Walking back they heard saw Ben sat beside Bev and looking at her saying, "Your hair is beautiful, Beverly." Ben complimented her, "What have we missed?" Layla asked as she sat behind Richie throwing her hands around his shoulders and putting her head on his shoulder too, "Ben's been going to the library on purpose and found out stuff about Derry and the missing and dead kids." Richie filled them in trying to ignore his exceedingly fast beating heart, "I've got more research if your want to see it?" Ben told them making all of them nod but Eddie.  

Ben finally had a bike and they all followed them on theirs, well Amber, Ray and Layla were on their skateboards. When they arrived at his house, Ben immediately ran inside, "Guys. Someone is putting up a poster." Layla whispered to Ray and Layla, "Come on." she dragged the two, to the pole and all their faces went pale at the sight of the poster, "Patrick Hockstetter is missing." Ray whispered in complete shock, "Guys, come on."Beverly yelled at them and they all ran inside hiding the shock on their faces. 

After reading what was stuck on Ben's walls, Layla and Richie were silently making jokes about it all whilst, Eddie was staying away from Amber and Bill and Ray were looking at all his stuff on the table, "... The only thing that was left was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house." Ben explained, Ray looked to Bill who was already looking at her, "Do you know where the well house it?" she looked to Ben, "Somewhere in town I guess." Ben shrugged, "Why, pray tell, do you two want to know?" Layla turned to them with a smirk, "N-Nothing." Bill stuttered staring at everything on the walls.

That night back at the Marsh house, Beverly was in the bathroom, Amber was just in her room, and the twins were downstairs in their 'room'. "Hey, Ray?" Layla sat up from the floor looking to the girl, "Yeah?" Ray replied with her eyes closed, "I need the toilet." "Then, wait." "I can't." "You know it's a risk." "But I need to go." "Then go." Ray whisper shouted, "Alone?" "Yes. Look, just be quiet okay. Bev should be in the bathroom too, so you'll be okay." Ray sighed as she watched her younger sister by 2 minutes walk up the stairs. 

Layla had successfully walked past the living room where she saw an asleep Al, she was just about to go up the stairs when she felt a hand on her shoulder, "Where do you think you're going?" Al slurred, turning around, her hands already shaking, she didn't reply but on instinct she kneed the man in the balls and ran to the door to the basement, "Get back here, you bitch." Al groaned chasing her, "Stop it. Stop it! Please." Layla repeatedly said as she ran to the door but it was like something was controlling her and her body ran past the door and into the kitchen, "You won't get far." Al yelled, "Stop please. Stop!" she screamed, looking back she saw Al's slumping figure following her but then it began to glitch into something... a clown? It got closer and closer but she couldn't move, her feet were almost stuck to the ground, Layla's back was facing the clown but she knew it was running at her, that's what scared her the most, "STOP IT! STOP IT!" Layla yelled over and over again, the clown was laughing and so were the voices. Covering her ears and keeping her eyes shut the girl wouldn't stop yelling, 'STOP IT!' well that was until the voices stopped and the laughing. Opening her eyes she saw nothing but darkness. It was pitch black. "What? No. Ray? RAY? RAY?! HELP ME! RAY! PLEASE! STOP! STOP IT! NO!" Layla yelled as she felt hands grab onto her shoulders and arms and legs, pulling away from them all they just kept coming. 

Feeling a cold sensation fall over her Layla gasped, opening her eyes she saw Rayne in front of her holding an empty glass of water. "Oh thank god. You're okay?" Ray whispered put the cup on the side and helping her sister up before pulling her into a hug. Layla was still shaking tried to speak, "I-It was so dark. W-Why weren't you there? He chased. Something chased me. It chased me." the girl began to cry all over again, "Shh. I'm sorry. I should have been there. But we got to go down stairs before Al comes back." Ray whispered. "Comes back?" Layla whispered as they walked to the door and down the steps, "Yeah, he was about to come to you but then Beverly began to scream to, I don't know what happened to her but it was something." Ray explained. "Alright, go to sleep, you need it." Ray whispered to her sister, Layla was about to thank the girl but the door opened and heavy footsteps walked down. Let's just say they didn't fall asleep by themselves, that meaning, they were hit so hard that they lost consciousness.