Hundred Twenty One

a/n: short chapter :p

Johnathan puts his phone up to his ear, bouncing his leg up and down. The phone goes straight to voicemail. He looks back down at another number, dialing it.

He sits back in his chair and runs his fingers through his hair, letting out a sigh. "Hello?"

Johnathan's eyes widen and he sits up. "H-hello?"

The lady on the phone sounds confused. "Hello? Who is this?"

"M-Mom? It's...Its Johnathan."

**
Benjamin unlocks the front door and walks into the house. Ms.Evans was sitting on the couch, typing on her computer.

Benjamin looks at her and smiles. "Hey."

Olivia turns around and smiles. "Hey, honey. Where have you been?"

Benjamin shakes his head. "Fell asleep at Noah's. We were both out cold."

"You eat yet? I can make you something."

Benjamin lifts his hand, showing a fast-food bag. "Noah grabbed something on the way. Sorry for being so late."

"No problem. Come sit, eat."

Benjamin walks around and sits down, pulling his salad out of the bag. He opens the lid and takes a bite, looking back at his mom. "What's wrong? You're acting weird."

Olivia shakes her head. Benjamin furrows his brows and takes another bite, covering his mouth. "Mom? You're freaking me out. What's going on?"

"Johnathan is gone."

Benjamin stops mid-chew and shakes his head. "What do you mean he's gone? What happened?"

"He left a note. It's right there. He says he got in contact with his mom and he's going to see her."

Benjamin sets his salad down and grabs the note. He reads it and shrugs. "W-what? Why didn't he say anything? Or...I thought he said his mom didn't wanna see him?"

Olivia nods. "I know, baby. I don't know what happened. I'm sorry."

Benjamin licks his lips and grabs his phone. "Should I text him? Ask him? I don't understand."

"He just wants to be with his mom."

"Is that safe? He told me she doesn't wanna be with her kids...Did she change her mind?"

"Try calling tomorrow."

Benjamin nods and turns back to his food. He shakes his head and looks down at his food.

Olivia sits up on the couch, running her hand up and down Benjamin's back. "It's okay, honey. Finish your food."

**
Noah places his hand on the steering wheel. "So he just left? Like...Just left."

"Mhm. My mom wasn't home and we were...Do you think he left because of the situation? Him liking me?"

"You can't blame yourself for that, bebesita. Have you tried calling?"

"Once. It went straight to voicemail but I left him a text. It was late at night though."

Noah nods his head and reaches over to grab Benjamin's thigh. "Maybe he really just misses his mom. Maybe he'll contact you once he gets there. You never know."

"I just don't understand. He told me and my mom that she doesn't want anything to do with him but now he's going to live there? What if it's not safe?"

"I don't know, bebe. But he made that decision and we can't force him to do anything, you know?"

"Yeah. I'm just worried."

Noah frowns and rubs his hand up and down Benjamin's thigh. "I know. I know but...It's gonna be okay. I'm sure he's gonna be safe."

"Yeah. You're right. It's probably best he's with his mom anyways."

*
Benjamin was sitting with Elly and Jazmyne during the free period. Lucas and Noah had to meet with their coach and Gabi didn't show up to school today.

Benjamin was scrolling on his phone. Katen walks over, taking a seat next to him. Benjamin looks up and scoots over, furrowing his brows. "What do you want?"

Elly rolls her eyes, putting an arm around Jazmyne in a protective way.

Katen shakes his head. "Where Johnathan? I know he's been crashing with you and he's not at school today."

"I don't know where he is."

"What do you mean? He's fucking living with you. Tell me where the fuck he is before I beat your fucking face in."

Elly sets her hand down on the table. "Watch your mouth, dude."

Katen snickers and looks around. "Aw. Your little boyfriend isn't here to defend you. I know you won't do anything."

Noah clears his throat, crossing his arms. "Turn around, dipshit."

Katen turns around and looks up at Noah. He stands up and shakes his head. "I just wanna know where my brother is."

Benjamin grabs the note from his backpack and hands it to Noah. Noah hands it to Katen, "This is all we know. Now get out of here before I beat your face in."

Katen snatches then more from Noah, walking away.

Noah takes a seat next to Benjamin, kissing him on his temples.

Elly sits up and chuckles. "Damn. He's actually terrified of you. That's kinda funny."

"I know. He's all tough around everyone else but the minute I come around he's fucking scared."

**