𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

"Din!" She comes out of the room and sees that the child is missing.

~~~

Kenna anxiously paces around the Crest, biting her nails as Din continues destroying different objects and furniture.

"I mean, they had to know we were here," Kenna states, still walking back and forth. "So it had to one of the stormtroopers," She stops as Din throws a chair directly in front of her and then she continues to walk. "Which means they have it in the town!" She exclaims, stopping in her tracks but quickly ducking when a bowl got chucked in her direction. "They need to get the child to Gideon which means they also need me, they can't take it without me which means we have enough time to plan a rescue mission," She walks over to Din who's head is resting against the wall.

"This is all my fault,"

"Din, we have to keep--"

"No! This would've never happened if I--"

"Din Djarin you listen to me right now!" She snaps, turning him by the arm so he would face her. "We need to stay focus if we are going to rescue the child, I don't need you to be blaming yourself, you can brood later on," She walks over to the weapons cabinet. "Now get your guns, we have a mission, Mando," She throws the rifle at him and he catches it with one hand.

"You're right," He nods as she goes to her room to grab her blasters and her clothes. They stand side by side, overlooking Jakku from the Razor Crest.

"We'll find him," She smiles warmly but he ignores her and jumps out of the ship and starts to walk towards the centre. She rolls her eyes and jogs to catch up with him. "Din, so what's the plan? We can't just walk through the front entrance,"

"We can," He strides ahead and walks by two imps who don't seem to notice him. Kenna's shoulders drop as she looks at him in shock.

"How does he do that?" She murmurs, quickly walking by the imps and catching up with the Mandalorian. It was eerily quiet as they casually gallivanted through the gloomy town. The night was still young and the sky doused in glittery stars. The moon provided some source of light which reflected off Din's beskar.

"There," He points to a large building, heavily guarded, and then ducks behind some crates, pulling Kenna with him. "I go in, get the kid while you hold the fort out here,"

"What? You're going to leave me out here?"

"We'll take on the troopers and once that's done, you'll be safe out here,"

"That's my point, I'll be safe while you put yourself in danger!" She hisses as he peers over the crates, getting his blaster out.

"I have my armour to protect me, you don't,"

"I can still fight...or..." A smirk appears on her face as she passes him her two blasters. "I'll go in, without a fight,"

"What!? Are you insane? You can't just waltz in there,"

"I've never needed my fists to get what I want," She winks and he shakes his head.

"Okay, even if your absurd plan works, you can't get the child and leave without someone noticing and if they're looking for you, they'll trap you," She bites her lip and then smiles, a twinkle in her eye.

"You pretend you're handing me in then, we'll get through all that security and then shoot our way out when we get the child,"

"Damn it, Kenna," He growls, running his hand down his helmet.

"What?"

"That's the only good idea,"

"So why are you angry?"