Chapter 18

In the upcoming days, Y/N felt herself getting closer to everyone, including Rico.

The child who she felt like she needed to protect.

Since that day she had coaxed him out from under the bed, he had become attached to Y/N, following her around like a little duckling.

He even at one point tried to sleep in her bed wirh her. Which Y/N was fine with, but the others weren't.

They made Rico and Trystan share a room. One that Rico apparently hated because Trystan 'snored too loudly'.

For the most part, everyone seemed to get along, the days flying by a bit peacefully.

Y/N even grew close to the strange humanoid Rose that liked to hide around the house.

Probably from one of boys as they kept trying to eat him,

But after about 5 days, Y/N had to remind herself that she couldn't stay, that she had to leave.

No matter how comfortable she was getting .

The threats still loomed over.

Y/N couldn't go out of the house without at least someone accompanying her closely.

And it was a risk for the boys too. The idea of that female elf or the strange shape shifting boy kept appearing in Y/N's mind.

"I need to look for a mermaid. I need to resume the search". Y/N told Adam that day. Her mind and heart feeling un easy but resolute at the same time.

The Anichara stared at her in shock.

Then anger as he slammed down a dish causing it to nearly break on the wooden counter.

"No! Y/N there are are two known creatures out there wanting you either dead or worse! And there's most likely many more like them! I can't let you go out and have you be attacked. None of us can protect you properly". He said angrily his long claws sinking by his side shaking.

"Adam. I can't stay here. I know you're worried but I need to go back. If I stay here, aren't I more likely to have a ticking bomb on me, every day?"

Adam seemed confused by that last question as he breathed heavily at her.

They stood alone in the kitchen. The sounds of the others yelling or laughing thundering from upstairs.

Unbeknownst to them, Rico and the rose were hidden under the kitchen table, watching and listening attentively.

"It means every day will be harder for me. I'm more at a risk and I'm putting all of you at a risk too. You know I need to go". She said this part harshly.

Feeling bad when she saw the sadness flit through Adams eyes.

He sighed heavily and leaned against the counter.

"I know. I know I just.. I don't want anything to happen to you. I-we all care about you very much. We just want you safe. But I know you're right.." He said his tall frame hovering in the kitchen.

Y/N smiled at him and leaned over. She took one of his clawed hands and stroked it, it caused Adam to go still , his golden eyes looking at her widely.

"I really care about all of you too, and you know I'm going to miss you all like crazy. But first things first I need to find the way back to my own world". She said as she started to let go of his hand.

But she was surprised when he grabbed her hand. Grabbing it and bringing it to this lips.

To her astoshiment, he kissed her hand gently, his lips soft and causing shivers up and down her spine.

"Ok Y/N. But you're not finding your way back alone. I'm helping and I'm sure the others will too". He said his voice now soft as he kissed her hand again. Now a little harsher as he seemed almost entranced. His previous anger and worry now seemingly gone.

Y/N felt her cheeks heat up as there was movement behind the kitchen table.

She and Adam looked at each other not noticing the noise for a second.

Until a screaming Rico burst out from under the table. He threw himself behind Y/N hyperventilating.

Adam dropped her hand as the kitchen table shook violently.

Then it was still for a second. Before a figure emerged underneath it.

A young man...a naked human looking young man emerged.

He was very pale, the sun hitting his skin and showing his snow like skin, his eyes were grey and dull. But he was beautiful in a ghost type,

He stood before the shocked trio and smiled.

"I know a merman. I also know a dragon too. But you'll have to bring me along Y/N".

A thunder of footsteps came running down the stairs.

And someone yelled "Who the fuck is this and why is he naked!"

(Hey guys. This is an unedited chapter I'm afraid. I'll have to edit a little later, so if there's any mistakes forgive me. But we got to see some Y/N and Adam love there. Btw someone asked how Adam would be in bed lmao. Honestly probably very gentle. Since that's just his personality. A very patient sweet guy. Don't we all need that haha)