chapter 21

[a/n: i need to give jeno some justice]

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

Jeno was impatient. He didn't want to waste any time. He did ask it so suddenly, but he was just used to doing it like that.

"If you have nothing else to say relevant to my contract or job, I'll be going", Hyerin avoided the whole situation and stood up, leaving him right away.

The moment Hyerin was out of his office, Jeno buried his face into his hands and proceeded to brush through his hair. He got up and sat down on his office chair and laid back, thinking about his choice of words. He was sleep deprived and couldn't think straight the past few days.

"What do I need to do for her to like me", Jeno was frustrated and confused, as it was his first time to like a girl. "I should be straightforward with her, it's useless if I beat around the bush"

Jeno sighed and decided to take a nap, because his schedule was free for the rest of the day, which was a day that was rare as he usually would stay up for the whole night. He rubbed his eyes and slept on his desk.

"I got a perfect score in all our exams!", Jeno boasted.

"You did well, my son", their father complimented Jeno. "You are the hope for my company, you will be the CEO! You're my favorite son!"

Jeno smiled widely, his eye smile showing as he skipped over to the entrance and opened the door and running inside and heading straight to the couch. He grabbed onto the TV remote, but he sighed when he remembered a certain memory.

Haechan and Jeno would always fight for the remote, while Mark ends up taking the remote away. Jeno honestly missed the presence of his brothers, as the house seemed too pressuring when he was alone. He wanted to call Mark but he could only call him once a week, as agreed with his father.

"Honey, do you want to play with Jaemin and Renjun?", his stepmother asked as he sat beside him. "You did well on all your exams so you deserve to play with them"

"Are they here?", Jeno asked and she nodded. "Alright! I will!"

Jeno rushed outside his house and ran over to the park they had in their area and saw Jaemin and Renjun there.

"Jeno!", the two of them shouted and started to wave their hands. "Let's play!"

"Okay!", he shouted in reply and approached the two.

"You're free from studying?", Renjun asked as he took out the lollipop in his mouth. "Your parents make you study too much"

"Yeah! We don't get to see you that much", Jaemin pouted. "You're not even in our class, you're in the specialized classes! You even might even skip a grade at this point"