Chapter 60: For Her

A/N: I recommend that you listen to Moon and Back by Alice Kristiansen as you read this chapter. I've linked it above also. Thank you to tsukidesuwa for telling me about this song ♡ Enjoy!

Chapter 60:

March

Kei, Mizuki, and the rest of the gang attended the graduation ceremony with their closest families and friends. After the ceremony, everyone headed to the twins' mansion for their graduation party.

"I can't believe they graduated high school..." The twins' father sighed proudly, "It seemed like just yesterday, I was watching their nannies change their diapers..."

"I can't say the same about the nanny thing but..." Mizuki's mother teared up as she watched her daughter and the twins laughing together, "I wish Hisashi was here to see them graduate."

"I'm sure he would be proud of Mizuki." He smiled warmly.

Meanwhile, Kei wandered around the kitchen as he watched his brother, hand in hand, with Tanaka Saeko. Oh yeah - they were dating now. If his brother and Saeko got married, he would be related to... Tanaka Ryuunosuke. He shuddered at the thought of being in-laws with his rowdy friend. After he grabbed a glass of water, he returned to where Mizuki and their friends were.

"Baby!" Mizuki grinned heartily, "Can you take a picture of us?"

"Sure." He smiled, reaching out for her phone.

"Alright!" Rina gathered the two of them and said, "The triple threat will never die!"

"Triple threat?" Mina rolled her eyes.

"Since when were we called the triple threat?" Mizuki smirked playfully.

"Since we placed second in nationals, duh!" Rina declared arrogantly.

Kei held her phone up as the three posed happily for a picture. Just before he could give back Mizuki's phone to her, she was called over by Hinata to discuss Brazil and his upcoming plans. Her phone suddenly buzzed, revealing Mateo calling. Kei sighed deeply and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Miz- Wait, Kei?" Mateo asked inquisitively.

"Yeah... Sorry, Mizuki's talking to someone else right now..." Kei explained flatly.

"Oh, that's cool! How have you been?" He asked warmly.

"Fine... You?" Kei cleared his throat.

"Good... Listen... We're friends so can I be honest with you? " Mateo asked, his normal, jovial tone shifting to a more serious tone.

"Okay..."

Kei heard him shuffle around before Mateo declared, "I don't think the long-distance thing will work out between you two."

"Oh... Okay..." He sucked his breath in harshly as his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, "She told you about that?"

"Yeah... Mizuki's trying to be optimistic but I know you two won't survive the long-distance." Mateo murmured calmly.

"What do you know about us?" Kei spat out irritatedly.

He didn't mean to be so harsh but...

"I know that you're engaged, and yet, you won't even be spending the next 4 years together. I know that you both love each other, but..." He trailed off quietly.

"But...?"

"If you don't let her go, she'll always be tethered to you. You'll bring her down, especially during her 4 critical years of university." He continued, causing Kei to clutch her phone tightly.