Sapnap's a Guitar Hero God

I had woken up before the sun had even fully risen. Trying to fall asleep had since vanished as my eyes were wide open and my brain had geared to life rather quickly. The room was dim, with only the moody light of the streetlights outside to break through the opaque dark. It faintly hit Dream. He slept on his stomach with his face facing away from me and at his window. I could clearly see his figure, and his breathing was the only sound in the entire room aside from the white noise of the fan overhead.

The sun should have been creeping up over the horizon sometime soon, even if it didn't look like it. I slipped out of bed and walked over to the door, carefully watching my step to make sure I didn't step on Patches. I pushed open the door, and I could hear Sapnap's snoring downstairs from here. Maybe it was good he slept on the couch.

Stumbling through the dark hallway and down the stairs blindly, my hand was practically glued to the banister as I made my way down. Sapnap's snores only got louder the closer I got to the bottom.

There was something peaceful about being the first one up, though. Even with Sapnap's obnoxious snoring in the background. I had the house to myself. It was a kind of tranquility you only got in either the latest hours of the night, or the earliest hours of the morning. It was like floating in one of those dark baths that were used to clear your mind.

I flicked the lights on in the kitchen. I figured that as I was technically a resident of this house now, that I was granted permission to dig through Dream's food. The pantry was full of bags of chips and candy. Sour Patch Kids, Skittles, M&ms, he had them all. He almost had more sweets than actual food. But it was six in the morning and I was starving. What I ate was the least of my problem. I grabbed a box of cereal and poured it into a plastic bowl and followed it up with milk.

I sat down at the marble island he had in the middle of his kitchen. It was the same color as his cat. He didn't seem to quite have a dining table. But at the same time, he lived alone. Did he really need one?

After finishing eating, I ran out of things to do. Usually when I hit this point, I'd call my friends and play Minecraft with them. But, unfortunately, Minecraft was a bit too big to fit as a carry-on, and my two best friends were fast asleep.

It was barely seven, the crack of dawn began to show. I had spent my entire morning listening to Sapnap's snoring and occasional toss and turn on the small couch. I scrolled aimlessly through Twitter at the island, liking whatever tweet popped up whether I actually read it or not. So when I heard the creaking of the stairs in the room next door, it was no surprise that my head would snap up as the tall boy in a plain white shirt and gray sweatpants shuffled into the kitchen.

His hair stuck out in all directions. It was so fluffy and everywhere. His hair was always unkempt, but his morning bedhead was just the worst. It was like a giant tornado on top of his head. His hazel eyes squinted as he ran a hand through his tornado head. 

"Mornin'," He mumbled, grabbing a stool and sitting next to me.

"What are you doing up this early?" I asked.

"I'm always up this early." He pulled out his phone. "Plus we have plans today."

"Do we?" I asked.

"Yeah," He said. His voice was low and croaky. It almost didn't sound like him. He shut off his phone after glancing at the time and looked at me. "We're taking you out to see America in person."

I raised an eyebrow, "Seriously? Where exactly?"

"Well we can't take you to Disney World or anything. Well..." He pondered for a moment before shaking his head. "Too far away. We're taking you down to the beach. Maybe walk around the pier." He shrugged. "And we'll go from there."