➽Chapter 24

It was a normal evening at the Chauhan household, with the elders gone to meet some relatives leaving the younger clan alone at the home

So Vriti! How is your presentation going?” Revati asked as they all sat to eat.

Amazing bhabhi! You know its so different from just making presentation but I am nervous. What if I speak something wrong and the deal goes from our hands?” Vritika said in nervousness.

Don't worry Vriti! Its normal to be nervous when you are going to present for the first time” Adhyan tried to cheer her up.

Ha, and D bhai will be present there na to help you. So stop worrying bhabhi. You'll do great.” Erisha pipped in.

After some normal conversation everyone was eating quietly until the silence was broken by Samay and Meher's fight.

No Mimi, I am telling you this time we are celebrating our birthdays in different restaurants. I don't want to meet that chipku friends of yours.” Samay whined.

Ha, even I don't want your irritating friends calling me bhabhi bhabhi every minute. All I am telling is, we are celebrating at St Regis hotel, so choose your venue which isn't anywhere near that hotel.” Meher countered.

Oh hello, if you both are celebrating at different places how are we supposed to attend both the parties at the same time?” Dishank intervened.

Arre D bhai, we are talking about brunch. This year we have decided that we'll be having brunch with our friends separately and then dinner with both the families at night. No big party or anything.” Samay explained.

You know, you both are the first couple who wishes to celebrate their special day away from each other. You both are seriously weird.” Vritika said and everyone laughed.

Arre  we both will be going camping a night before.So don't worry bhabhi we'll spend our time together at the hill.” Meher winked.

Oyee, leave our birthday aside. Eri, tell me woh koun tha jiske saath tu cafe mein baithi thi?” Samay asked suddenly.

Umm... Sam he was...he was my friend! Schoolfriend! We met after years.” Erisha stammered.

Sirf friend?” Revati teased and Erisha blushed.

Acha okay, he was my boyfriend. Khush?” Erisha said with a blush.

What boyfriend? You are not allowed to have boyfriends. Guys just break heart. You don't need anyone. Love these days is all fake. ” Dishank suddenly turned overprotective brother.

Says the one who had a love marriage!” Vritika murmured.

Keeping the teasings aside, bring him to meet us tomorrow. If we like him, you can talk to elders about it.” Adhyan declared to which Erisha just nodded.

✦✧✦✧

After the dinner everyone went to their own room while Vritika and Dishank went on a walk.

You know Dish, this all feels so surreal. Two years back all this felt impossible. Now we are together, married. It feels like a dream!” Vritika said gazing the stars above.

Well this isn't a dream, its our loving reality. Waise na, I wanted to apologise to you for mumma's behaviour. She just goes overboard sometimes but she is good at heart I promise.” Dishank said and side hugged Vritika.

Chill I know this. She is just over protective about you. Afterall you are her only son. I don't mind her being a bit rude. She is just jealous that you give all your time to me, you just need to spend some time with her and  assure her that no matter what, you'll always be her little boy. She just needs a bit of assurance and time from your side. Give her that and she'll be normal.” Vritika answered.

Wah! You have done PhD on my mom but I guess you are right. I'll spend some more time with her and dad from now onwards. Waise are you excited for bhai and bhabhi's child?” Dishank asked

But obviously yes! Its so great to have someone you love with your whole heart and someone you have made out love.” Vritika said with a sweet smile.

We'll also have one or two of ours very soon, right! No we might have three or four.” Dishank said.

Three, four? Have you seen India's population? One is enough and if you wish more we can think about adoption. You see there are many child out there who deserve all the love but don't receive it.” Vritika countered.

Haa woh toh hai but first let's focus on making you the best employee of the company, we'll plan the little one later. Waise I love you! ” Dishank said and gave a small peck on her cheeks.

I love you more! Now chalo, I need to proof read the presentation.” Vritika gave a flying kiss and turned back towards their house.

✦✧✦✧

Here in Adhyan and Revati's room,
Revati was resting on the bed while Adhyan was massaging her swollen legs.

Ree, are you sure swollen legs is normal? Let's go to the doctor and check na! What if something is wrong?” Adhyan said in tension.

Cool Adi, its pretty normal. The doctor had informed me about them. Also mummyji said its normal. Stop worrying.” Revati tried to explain.

Waise, Ree let's go to some other country for your baby shower na!” Adhyan suggested.

Hein kyu?”

“So we can know the gender of the child, you see in our country its illegal to know the gender but in other countries its legal. Also I have heard that people have a big gender reveal party out there. We can also have one na.” Adhyan dreamed.

Adi, just five more months. You'll automatically know the gender by then. Also, it is said that a pregnant lady shouldn't travel through plane but if you still wish we can go.” Revati tricked Adhyan in her words.

No then we aren't going anywhere. I need my wife and princess healthy.” Adhyan kissed Revati's baby bump.

So you think its a girl?”

Yes papa's princess.Its just a father's intuition.”

“Father's intuition? I have heard about mother's instincts what is this father's intuition?” Revati laughs and Adhyan just shrugs.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

So here's the update.
Sorry for the delay, my exams are going on.

Also let me know what do you think Jr Chauhan is?

Do suggest me some unique names for both girls and boys. If I find them better than my chosen names I might use them.

Do vote, comment and share.

Also, thanks to each and every one who motivated me to write in the last chapter. You all mean alot.

Love,
Writer!