10

The formal Vice-Royal Governor would be expecting them to return to the colonies or to the new Republic of Nations. That was expected. News of the tragic collapse of the temple in the Fire Nation's capital would soon reach the rest of the world and news of the death of Fire Lord Zuko and former Lord Tsai of Yu Dao would not, since the Anti-Revolutionary Movement's plan had failed.

"I'm going to get some things ready..." Tsai stood up with her back erect. Eyes clouded deep in thought, too lost to focus or think of anything else as she concocted a plan on her head.

"Promise well have tea before we leave?" She reached for Uncle Iroh's shoulder giving it a squeeze before leaving without saying another word she exited the room.

Her mother, Zuko's and other family members followed suit leaving only Zuko and his uncle alone in the room.

"Uncle, I need your opinion on something," Zuko broke the silence. He hummed he seemed deep in thought his eyes focused on the carpet's elaborate pattern.

"Do you need some more advice nephew?" Iroh chuckled.

Zuko felt his ears burning with embarrassment, "No!" He said much to brashly. That was a topic he did not want to revisit with his uncle. "I know that we are finally formerly engaged, but I want Tsai's mother approval. Which is why I need to get a ring. Where can I get one?" He asked.

Xxx

It was dawn when the air ship was prepared. It was decided that Zuko, Tsai and her family would be returning to capture Azah and bring down the Anti-Revolutionary movement. Ty Lee and suki would be coming as well.

Tsai couldn't figure out why but Zuko looked absolutely exhausted when he boarded the ship. He really looked like he had been up all night. She arched an eyebrow in concern when she looked at him.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked reaching for him caringly reaching to brush a hair out of his forehead.

"Just fine," he said reaching for her hand and planting a kiss on her knuckles. There seemed to be an odd scent that accompanied him. What was that ash and soothe? He smelt the same way collapsing buildings on fire did, which was no unusual, but odd.

"Let's go get some rest," he said patting her hand. "We've got a long journey ahead."

Already exhausted Zuko passed out on a bed. Tsai instead sat on a nearby desk, nose buried in a scroll as she went over the plan.

Xxx

Everything was ready the next day.

Mecha starred ahead from the window as they approached the nation's shore. His eyes traced the outline of the metropolis that had rapidly developed. He looked at the towering chimneys each with growing clouds of smoke as they lived during the peak of the c0lonial industrial revolution.

"You seem nervous," a cool voice snapped him out of his train of thought. Snapping out of his thoughts Mecha turned to face his sister who was leaning against the air ship's glass window looking at him with concern. "Trust me, I've been planning this. Everything's going to work out," she reassured him optimistically.

Regardless of her reassurance the scarred man remained sullen, a familiar darkness clouding his eyes.

"You don't know what he's like," he said softly.

She looked at him attentively almost confused. She could still remember how vile her father had been the last time they had been in the same room together. It had been the day she had been captured as a spy during the war. She had been tortured and brought before Fire Lord Ozai for him to do as he wished with her.