18

"Tom," I said letting go of his kiss. "Can I talk to you about something?" I said feeling a little uncomfortable inside.

"Yeah what's wrong?" He said smiling while playing with my hair.

"What if what we're doing is just, wrong?" I said which caused him to push himself back on the bed, placing his hands on his forehead. He looked like he really disliked the question.

"Tom I'm serious!" I said slightly slapping his chest.

"Y/N what's the problem?! You're legal, and we're only 4 years apart-"

"You think I don't know that?! I just feel like it's too risky, especially that we're fucking making out in detention class! What if someone walks in on us?!"

"Why would someone come to detention in the middle of the day?"

"Tom you never know what happens, it's just way too risky honey."

"Okay, so what are you asking for right now?" He said furrowing his eyebrows, coming back up to my face.

"I'm not asking for anything! I'm just saying-asking mostly, if this is right?! Jesus Tom let me explain instead of jumping to conclusions." I sighed getting off his lap, but he quickly pulled back.

"Y/N, tell me what you want." He said placing his warm hand on my cheek. His eyes just stared at mine, waiting for an answer.

"Just, forget it. I guess I was overthinking this."

"No, you obviously care so much, so don't tell me to forget it, when you look distressed."

"I just feel like it's best if we stay away from each other, since the word is getting out there."

"What do you mean the word is getting out there? Do people know?"

"Yes! Poppy knows, and even Charlie knows, and I didn't even tell him! He just noticed it. Tom you could lose your job, and this could affect my future."

"Oh my god," he whispered while furrowing his eyebrows. "You're actually serious. You are seriously taking this too far Y/N do you even know what you're saying?"

"Yes, TOM! I know what I'm saying." I replied rolling my eyes. "You're my fucking math teacher."

"And?"

"I-I mean how do you even have all this luxury life?! What are you not telling me?"

"Oh wow, so now you're questioning how I got all this stuff? What you think I stole it-"

"Stop! That's not what I was intending on knowing-"

"If you want to know, my dad owns this big ass business and he pretty much payed for all this shit, since he wants me to-you know what forget it! We are talking about us here."

"I'm sorry Tom, I just don't want this to affect our positions right now." I frowned.

"But," he sighed looking down. "I really like you Y/N." His voice cracked as he looked back at me. I placed my hands on his cheeks and caressed them.

"I like you so much more, to the point where I'm scared for you. I'm not saying we shouldn't be together at all, just temporary until I get to college."

"Okay, if that's what you want." He said furious, taking my hand off his cheek.

"You don't have to get angry Tom?" I said raising my eyebrow.

"Whatever, just go."

"Wow, okay asshole." I rolled my eyes, holding in my tears. I got off him and took my stuff, walking out his house. I didn't want to do this, in fact I wasn't going to bring it up, but I just got scared for him. I don't want him to lose his job, and I don't want this to affect my future either. I didn't want to leave him, I liked him too much, I was sure I'd fall in love with him in a couple months from now.

I got in my car and drove back home, crying my eyes out at how he's not in my arms anymore. I did tell him it was temporary.

"Hey! You're back early-" my mum tried saying, until I ran to her arms and hugged her.

"You alright baby?"

"Yeah, I just missed you." I wiped my tears away as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Can we watch a movie or something? I don't have any assignments today."

"Of course baby. You sure you're alright though?" She took out the popcorn. "You look like you just broke up with someone."

Oh she had no idea...

A/N: ...don't kill me, I'm sorry!! 😬