33. Efforts after Efforts

Amber's P.O.V.:

"Sorry, we wanted to meet you so bad that we didn't inform you about our arrival forehand. We were too excited to meet you that we even forgot to tell you about Chris and his engagement which he called-off." Elsa said as she sat beside me on the sofa. 

"Yeah. We are really sorry that we didn't tell you about all this." Jade said, feeling  guilty. 

"It's okay, guys! I can understand. I am not angry at you both." I spoke. Honestly, I was not upset with anyone of them. It was and has always been Chris who hurt me the most. 

They gave me a warm-comforting smile. 

"So, do you think you can forgive him?" Jade asked after a while.

"Amber, I am warning you...don't you dare to forgive him so easily." Elsa said, which felt more like a threat than advice. But I didn't mind it anyway. Moreover, she was saying exactly the thing that I needed to hear.

"I don't think I can do that." I said, honestly. 

"By the way, tell me what's going on between you and mark?" Elsa said, teasingly. 

I rolled my eyes at that.

"We are just friends. There's nothing nothing else. He is nice to me. That's it!" I replied, truthfully because that is what we are, just friends.

"I wish you both could be more than 'just friends'." Elsa said, dreamily. 

"Chris will make sure Mark's handsome body changes into a skeleton." Jade joked and I just rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door of my room.

"I will get that." Elsa said as she walked towards the gate.

"Whose there, Elsa?" I asked after a while.

"Your Romeo has sent a bouquet for you." came her reply. 

What?

Jade and I walked towards the door when we noticed that Elsa was still at the door.

"WOWW!" Jade exclaimed as soon as we saw the bouquet. 

"This bouquet is huge!" she exclaimed.

I was surprised to see almost a human sized bouquet in front of my door with hundreds of roses.

"So, which Romeo sent it? Romeo C or Romeo M?" Jade asked, teasingly. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Who else could it be? It's Chris." Elsa replied as she handed me a small card which read...

"Hello my gorgeous, 

Beautiful roses for my beautiful girlfriend. I know it's a long way to go before I can earn your forgiveness but I need to start somewhere right? I guess a bouquet of roses is the best way to start. There's also a little box with some essentials that I have prepared for you. Since, I have seen how careless you can be sometimes, I had to get this for you. I hope you'll like it.