xli - normal

♡♡♡
●ALEX POV●

Warren talked to Aria and talked her through everything . We get her concerns but we really needed to go through with this . Paul, one of the attorney's working for us, had prepared the contract with some legal jargon that was hidden in plain sight that would practically make Brittany hand over all information to the police if we suspect any kind of fraud coming from her . We also had Hannah , an undercover detective playing the role of HR call Brittany in for "training." Warren and I didn't want to leave any holes open .

The plan will work. Of course Warren hated that Aria was staying with me for the time being and that we had to play up our fake relationship one more time , and to the public . But he agreed that that was the only way to get Brittany away from Aria and to get her thinking she's still with me .

It took us about a week before we set everything in motion . Finding the right team and installing equipment couldn't be put together overnight. It could but it would be sloppy. During this time we went our normal business . It wasn't until the following Monday that we got the wheels turning . By this time , even Aria, had gotten used to having her private guards around her.

When Hannah brought Brittany up to my office I almost vomited at the sight of her . That woman makes me sick with anger . I have never hit a girl but she was making it harder and harder for me to keep to that. I made mention of this yesterday when Aria and I were out and she understood the feelings but reminded me that Brittany was still sick in the head.

We need to catch Brittany doing something and we can let things unravel from there . The files we were able to obtain show that she ticked off highly on the psychopathy checklist. The reason why she was 'released' was actually a transfer to a higher secured facility for people with her personality. Highly psychopathic people needed to be locked away from society because they were most likely to commit serial crimes .

Unfortunately she found a way to escape and after months and months and months of hiding she came out , literally, a new person . She had one goal in mind and that was to get Aria . We still didn't know why she had it out for her but I was determined to know why.

"Oh wow, Alex, I didn't know you worked here," Brittany pretended to be surprised.

"Yes, and you are?" If she's going to play, I'm going to fake amnesia.

She giggled, "Oh come on, you remember me? We met a month ago during brunch."

"I've had so many brunches over the last couple months . I'm sorry if I don't remember you," code for , you're forgettable and we want to forget you .

You can see her become frustrated but as quickly as she was unraveling she put herself together again and I swear there was a terrifying gleam in her eyes. It was as if , even , her face morphed into something unrecognizable, "you had brunch at the Lawson's with ," and she paused for effect while pretending to be repulsed, "Aria."

I had to keep my hands hidden from view , because they curled into a tight fist that wanted nothing more than shut her up . But I'm letting the cameras and the microphone do all the work , "Oh yes. My beautiful girlfriend, whom may I say is about to become my fiance."

The look on her face was priceless , "but you guys have only been dating for a shortwhile!"

"Yes but the moment we reconnected it was like everything made sense . A month, a week, or even a year, the conclusion will come back to us getting married," I felt that ache in my heart. That ache knowing this was all part of the ruse.