SEVEN, trying to get back up.

Finding a night job was a lot easier then Jennie thought it would be.

Partially because Jennie was willing to do almost anything for money.

Desperate, you could say, but she wouldn't deny it.

She now worked for a sex hotline.

She hated that she did, but she really needed money, even if it meant sacrificing a bit of self-respect.

She hated how when she was being interviewed, she had to quietly bear all the degrading comments the rude interviewer had thrown at her direction.

He didn't know her pathetic situation and had no right to judge her, but the last thing she needed was to piss him off and not get the job.

He asked if she wanted to work that night, and she agreed - it gave her extra money anyway.

Of course she was given the choice of whether she was willing to use her own phone number. The benefit is that she could choose any shift, and doesnt need to report to the office. But then the plan her phone uses would charge her too much for phone calls, so she declined, and said she would come to the centre every night instead.

After her four hour shift, she felt so tired and dirty with herself, if that made sense. All the moans she had heard over the phone kept resonating in her head and she aggressively pushed her hair back in frustration.

How many guys masturbate per night?

She thought this would be a rather laid-back job, but she really underestimated how many men get horny, especially between between 10 pm and 2 am at night.

Jennie sighed softly as exited the small dingy office, not bothering to say bye to her asshole of a boss. She wrapped the threadbare sweater around her thin frame more tightly, in an attempt to warm herself up further.

She recalled the one coat Jimin had gifted her before she left. It was branded, and it was the one item she kept the longest before she had no choice but to sell it to provide for herself. As cold winds swept her hair in many directions, she longed for that coat around her, to envelope her with warmth.

Jennie realised this would probably be her schedule for the next month or so, at least. Leave for her waitress job by six because it starts at six thirty and ends exactly 12 hours later. She had taken two consecutive shifts to make as much money as possible, although her boss told her not to as it was tiring. Then she had to pick up her son, go to Chaeyoung's and cook them dinner.

Chaeyoung told her not to bother, but Jennie felt that was the least she could do to repay their kindness. She would feed Seo Ha, then freshen up and leave for job hunting usually, except now she would have a job.

Considering her shift ended at 2 am, she guessed she would return home by usually two thirty a.m, sleep for an hour or two and then cook breakfast rush to go to her waitress job again.

She was really thankful chaeyoung would take care of her son's breakfast and jungkook would drop him off in his car when he went to work as she woke up too early and didn't want to disturb her son's sleep.

Jennie walked calmly back to Chaeyoung's house, taking her own time. Her mind was too preoccupied with what to do to help herself in the future to take care of herself. The wind rustled through the leaves of the trees as she passed through the park, deep in thought. If she were to save at least 70% of her income from both jobs, maybe she could save enough to move out within a month or two. She could rent an apartment and... and then what? She can't possibly continue with both a day and night job, but a waitress job at a mediocre cafe wouldn't be sufficient.

She rubbed her temples in frustration, tempted to let out a scream.

God, why did I even get myself into this mess? She thought irritatedly. If only he didn't make an appearance and then create a goddamn scene while he was at it.

She rolled her eyes at herself, knowing she would look stupid if someone had caught her doing that, and continued walking. She was almost there anyway, and took out the spare key Chaeyoung had given her.

She climbed up the stairs to the doorstep, and unlocked the door. She opened the door as silently as she could, placing her flats by the mat. She brushed her hair back and walked into the room where Seo Ha was lying, and noticed Jungkook was sleeping while sitting by the bed, letting the child's tiny fingers wrap around two of his.

Jennie smirked inwardly. He could hate her all he wanted, but she knew he adored her child.

She silently placed her bag on the small table located in a far corner of the room before going into the toilet to take a quick shower. Both boys were heavy sleepers and she knew they wouldn't wake up. Within fifteen minutes she was out, donned in an old oversized shirt and sweatpants.

She glanced at her phone.

3.00 am.

Maybe she could steal two or three hours of sleep before getting up. She stumbled to the living room, a huge yawn escaping her lips. She took a cushions to prop her head and another to hug, and quickly sprawled herself on the couch.

Just as she was about to doze off, she remembered she had to pay Jimin a visit. She scowled at the ceiling, not exactly wanting more shit in her life right now. As one could make out, she was in a horrible mood. And it had only been three days of sleep deprivation, how was she going to get through one month plus?

Better visit him tomorrow and get it done and over with, she thought, eyebrows furrowing. I'll just visit him after my shift, after picking up Seo Ha.

Then she started thinking about... what after that? What would happen after she told him? Her current future plans could change drastically based on his answer.

Oh, and his reaction - that was something she was scared of. Would he be happy? Or upset? Or not want the child? It would hurt if he didn't, it was his child as well and she still loved him and would probably break down if she got such a harsh direct rejection.

She rubbed her eyes, forcing herself to think of other ...more pleasant things in her life, if there were any. She thought about her child, about Chaeyoung and her pet fish, about the good times with Jimin. She knew she was hopeless - why would he ever back with her? Why was she thinking like that, when she was dreading meeting him a minute ago?

I'm just tired, she exhaled deeply. Think of something more positive, Jen.

She thought about her past - her friendship with the three boys and relationship with Jimin. She thought of all the sweet moments they shared, and thought of sweet moments they could be sharing if she weren't so dumb. Her eyelids fluttered shut as a deep slumber took over her body, while she was in the midst of thinking wistfully about Jimin.

-