Chapter 24

Highschool

Her mind was out of place. It had been two months since her parents had passed away. It had been tough on her. Leaving everything behind in her old hometown and coming to live with her grandmother. The lawyers assured her that as the sole heir of her parents and grandparents everything that was left behind was hers but the money left behind hardly mattered to her.

She was ready to give up everything if she could have her parents back. But the sad truth was that they had gone so far away that even if she kept calling them, they will not be come back.

Pushing these thoughts away she proceeded to go towards her new school. It was an expensive and prestigious one. Her parents, no matter how much money they had made her go to a public school and live a middle class lifestyle because they didn't want her to get spoiled but her grandmother was paying the fees for this one and wanted her to go here.

During this whole ordeal layla had turned to food for comfort. She kept binge eating without thinking and had put on a ton of weight. Nowadays whenever she woke up she didn't feel like doing anything, grooming herself, looking good.

She took a deep breath and entered her school hallway. Weird enough she immedietly started feeling immedietly as of everyone around was judging her. She just kept her head down and kept walking.

Suddenly she collided with someone and tripped a little bit. The person fell down. She immedietly looked down to see who it was.

It was a boy who looked at her angrily. 'I am so sorry. I didn't mean to.... I am so so sorry.' she started saying.

'Yeah... You should be. Fatass.' He said getting up. 'Can't watch where you are going. Idiot! ' He said walking away.

She felt even more sad and dejected but decided to proceed with her day. She goy her timetable and went to her first class that was English literature.

When she went inside she saw that the teacher had not arrived yet. She went to quietly sit down on one of the empty benches. Everyone around was laughing and cracking jokes. She took one of her books out and started reading it.

'Yo... Yo... Fatass... Mooooo!' she heard behind her. She turned around and saw the same guy from the hallway. He was sitting with a bunch of people surrounding him who were laughing at her as well. 'Miss piggy trips a lot!' one guy next to him yelled.

She immedietly turned back and tried to ignore it. Then the teacher came in and told introduced her as the new student to the rest of the class. She couldn't help but hear a few snickers coming from the class. ' It's miss piggy.' someone whispered loudly. 'What kind of name is layla?' another voice said. 'She pushed Daniel this morning. Like seriously she thinks she can get away after messing with him.' one more voice whispered.

The day went by like this and it was lunch time. Layla went to sit in the cafeteria and got her lunch and went to sit in an empty spot. As she was about eat she suddenly heard a voice,'Moooooooooooooo.....' and everyone started laughing.

She looked and saw the same group that had been making fun of her all morning. 'Look what you eat miss piggy. Oink oink.' that guy named Daniel said again. Everyone laughed again. Layla was barely holding her tears back at this point of time. She pushed her tray aside and left the cafeteria in tears.

'Oh look miss piggy is also miss crybaby.' someone yelled and everyone started laughing again.

The rest of the day passed as it is. Layla was glad it was over that it was over and she could be in the safe space of her home again away from this place.

As she was leaving she saw a sight in front of her that made her stop in her tracks and make her puke. That guy named Daniel was kissing a girl. No not kissing her he was literally eating her face. They both looked like they had tried to his behind a Bush bit at the same time dud not care if anyone saw them.

She immedietly closed her eyes in disgust and left.

When she finally went home she was grandma waiting for her with a smile on her face. 'So, how was the first day at your new school honey?' she asked her.

'It was great grandma. I enjoyed a lot.' she said with a fake smile on her face. How could she tell her grandma that the first day itself had been a living hell for her.

Highschool.