Chapter Eleven - Discussions and Showers

Unedited

"Well, that was a great get away," Arlo joked sarcastically.

 Cameron rolled her eyes, shifting herself so she was sat properly in the middle seat. That was not a 'great' get away, as Arlo had said. It was more a run away than anything.

"What happened?" Kalmin questioned from the front.

Cameron grabbed hold of the back of the seat as the van took a sharp corner. When she could sit straight again, she put her seatbelt on. She didn't want to die because they crashed at the speed they were going. 

"We were recognized." Reid supplied.

"Yeah, because someone forgot to get rid of the CCTV." Diego hissed.

Cameron peeked over the back of her seat to find Diego glaring at Lloyd, who was rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. 

"Oops?" 

Everyone in the van seemed to all sigh out at once.

"I'll sort that out now." Lloyd reached to grab his laptop.

"There's no point." Cameron pointed out, her blunt nature taking over. "They've already broadcasted it all over the News. It's out there and the police most likely have it backed up."

"Cameron's right," Kalmin agreed. "They've seen our faces. We'll have to stay on the down low. A lot lower than we have been."

Cameron felt that was a dig at the explosion back at the bungalow. She wasn't the only one.

"Oh, come on. That wasn't our fault." Arlo whined, crossing his arms and leaning further back in his seat. "The bomb was already set. We're lucky Cami found the timer before we were blew to smithereens with the building."

Cameron froze at the nickname. The only person who called her that was Ashley. The one person she thought was a somewhat friend. Now, she didn't know what to think of her. The note still sat in her pocket from the parcel Ashley dropped off.

"Where are we heading anyway?" Diego asked, changing the topic as the tense atmosphere was making a reappearance again.

Cameron's interest was piqued at the question. The only place they had stayed was that hotel room, and that didn't even last a night. 

"We're still figuring that out." Myles replied, his attention glued to his phone as he sat in the passenger seat. He must have found what he was looking for, because a smile appeared on his face and he turned to look at everyone in the back. "How does a motel sound?"

------------

The motel wasn't bad from what she had read on the board outside. It supposedly had a working shower, with warm water, it was fairly clean, and was mostly hidden away from the internet world. Meaning they shouldn't be recognized easily. It didn't stop them from taking precautions.

Cameron sent a dark look Myles' way as he tugged her hood further over her face. That was the third time he had done it now. His own face was covered, just like everyone else's.

 Lloyd had been the one to go in, while everyone else waited outside, since he wasn't on the CCTV recording. All he needed to do was pay for three rooms for a couple of nights. If they stayed that long, that is.

The main door creaking alerted Cameron to Lloyd strolling out, three keys dangling in his hand. He passed them over to Kalmin, and they nodded to each other, having a silent conversation. Cameron scrunched her brows slightly. She would need to work out how they do that.

"Number 27 has three beds, the rest have two." Lloyd informed them as they walked back to the van to grab their bags. "Each room has a shower, but I could only get two rooms next to each other. The third, with the three beds, is a few rooms down."