Chapter 6

Manik walked inside the empty house and put his jacket on the sofa before walking to the kitchen loosening his tie.

"Oscar",he called pulling out a water bottle from the fridge.

"Oscar boy where are you?",he called again walking around the hall and moves to the lawn.

He finds Oscar chasing a butterfly and smiles.

"Oscar",he calls with a whistle and Oscar turns and runs jumping on him.

"I missed you too boy.", Manik said hugging him and patting him at the same time.

"Are you hungry?",Manik asked and Oscar barked.

Manik pours some food for him.

"I will be back.",Manik said as he went upstairs to get changed.

He changes into night pants and a plain black t-shirt and walks down to see Oscar playing with his toys.

"Come let's play.",Manik said picking up a ball and walking out whistling for Oscar to follow.

They played for a while in the lawn before Manik lay down on the grass letting Oscar roam around.

The main door opens and Oscar immediately runs inside the house while Manik kept lying down knowing who is it.

Manik heard Oscar soft barks and knew he was right.

"Manik dude. I called you 3 hours back.",Cabir said walking near him standing over him.

"What was so urgent?",Manik asked opening his eyes a little.

"You would have known if you picked my call",Cabir said him annoyed a little.

" I am sorry. I was tired with the photoshoot in the morning.",Manik said him and Cabir calms down and sits beside him.

"I didn't know you had that photoshoot today.",Cabir said with regret and manik nods.

" Tell me what's so urgent?",Manik asked supporting his head with his elbow.

"I am really serious about her and I want her to be my girlfriend. So before I ask her out I want you guys to meet her.",Cabir said and Manik sits properly facing him.

"Cabir you guys have known each other for what less than 2 weeks. Don't you think it's going a little fast?",Manik asked him concerned.

" I know its crazy but we have been hanging out a lot lately and I just like her a lot. She's like a breath of fresh air. I want you guys to meet her and like her too.",Cabir said with a smile on his face and Manik smiles seeing him happy.

"Okay if you are happy than I am happy for you man.",Manik said pulling him in for a hug.

" So when are you free? ",Cabir asked him.

" I will be free anytime for you. Did you talk with Mukti? ",Manik asked him.

" I did she is available anytime. ", Cabir said and Manik nods.

" Is today okay? I invited her for dinner today and you guys can join us too. ",Cabir said him.

" Today? Are you sure man? It's your personal dinner.", Manik said hesitant wondering how would Nandini react knowing they are friends.

" Yes it will be fine. She will be happy to have you guys. I will invite cutie over too. ", Cabir said happy and Manik frowns.

" Cutie? ",Manik asks confused.

" Yes she's a sweetheart. You will know when you meet her. So today my house at 7",Cabir instructed and Manik nods.

" Maybe you can come up early and help me with dinner.",Cabir said and Manik nods with a smirk.