008

! chapter eight !

! chapter eight !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

THE FIRST DAY OF training wasn't very productive, and Haven was convinced that half of the Order was going to quit on them. However, that's not what happened. She was even surprised to see Draco come back for their next meeting. He was the one person she was expecting to up and leave—but he didn't. She was shocked, to say the least.

Trying to keep the Order a secret was one thing, but hiding it from Umbridge who had snake eyes everywhere was even more difficult. It didn't seem like she had caught on yet, and Haven was hoping she never would. Although her bitcheness made it hard for Haven to pay attention in class when all she could think about was flinging a hard covered book at the professor's head.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal," Harry explained on the ninth day of training. After the first couple of days, the productiveness of the Order had gone up after he'd taught them the correct way to wave their wands. It was especially useful to Neville, who would accidentally make something in his pockets fly out and hit someone every time he tried casting a spell.

"It's like a wizard's bread and butter, really," he went on. Harry turned to face them. "Come on Nigel. Give it your best shot."

The smaller boy made his way to stand on the mat, and everyone separated into two groups off to the side, giving him room. Nigel nervously lifted his wand up, pointing it at Harry, who was on the opposite end.

"Stupefy!" He yelled with the wave of his wand, and Harry went flying back. There was light snickering coming from behind Haven, and she turned to see Draco wearing a smug grin. He instantly squashed it once he caught her looking, and she rolled her eyes. At least he hadn't been making snarky comments about her brother to her face anymore, so that was a plus. He still pissed Haven off, that much would never change, but it was progress.

"Good!" Harry grunted, pushing himself up. "Not bad at all. Well done."

It had been the third week of training when Umbridge began to set up Filch outside the entrance of the Room of Requirement. Luckily, there was another way out of the room. Although she could tell the woman was far from done on keeping a close eye on them. But they weren't going to give up yet. They needed to learn how to defend themselves, and the stupid Ministry wouldn't stop them from doing so.

"I'll go easy on you," Ron told Hermione on one night of training.

"Thanks Ronald," she replied, glancing back to Haven who gave her an a knowing look. Hermione was no doubt one of the smartest people at Hogwarts. Haven was positive she had it in the bag.

"Come on, Ron!" The boys cheered from their side. "Come on!"

Ron went to lift his wand, but before his mouth even opened Hermione had already said the word: "Stupefy," and he'd gone flying back. Haven laughed loudly as all the girls began to crowd around the brunette, gossiping about how stupid boys were. She caught Draco's eye from across the room. He'd been talking to one of the younger students. She felt her heart speed up in her chest when he offered her a small smile. Haven was surprised when she felt herself return it.