Cooler

Later that night Reid decided she couldn't hold off any longer. Her body was starting to shut down from lack on nutrients. She needed blood.

She put on ripped light wash jeans and a black pullover hoodie. Tying her hair back she tried to stop the grin that spread over her face. She loved the hunt.

Jumping onto her motorcycle she sped out of the garage tires screeching. She made her way downtown and parked in the same alley behind a dance club. She could hear the music from outside thrumming against her skin.

She made her way around to the front of the building and cut her way to the front of the line filled with people waiting to get in. The guard gave her a cruel look and the people in the line glared maliciously at her, some even shouting. She grinned at the bouncer as she moved, loose low humming notes coming from her throat. The closer she got to people the more they all got that open-mouthed bliss look of their faces. When she reached the man at the front she beamed at him, light glinting off her pearl white teeth. He just stared are her, mesmerized.

"Hello," she sang softly to him. His tongue looked like it might lawl out of his mouth.

"Hello," the man said trying to make his response some-what audible.

"My turn," she let that voice of hers cradle his head in her palms. She could crush it if she wanted, like a grape.

The man looked at her nodding frantically and she stepped around him and into the wall of booming music. She was well aware of the eyes staring a hole into her ass.

She rounded the corner and entered an area filled with people. To her right was a bar that was cluttered with people and to her left was a private area with booths and tables for more exclusive meetings. The dance floor packed with sweaty bodies that she didn't care to join.

She watched as a man stepped out from the VIP section and made his way over to the bar. She followed and perched herself on the opposite end staring at him. She pulled her hair out of the pony and gave her hoodie to the bartender to place behind the counter. She ordered a beer and as soon as it was set down in front of her she flicked her wrist. Sending it sliding along the bartop and into the fingers of the man.

He looked up in Reid's direction and she grinned at him when his eyes landed on her. The top she had on was just for show, low and glittering black. She licked her teeth as he studied her.

Not even a minute later the man had made his way around the bar and occupied the stool next to her.

"What's your name?" she purred to him.

"Carson," he said shortly beginning to check out her chest obviously. "Yours?"

"Reid," she sang. She watched his eyes slightly haze over for a moment as he smiled lazily at her. She grabbed his hand and pulled him along with her to his private booth. Carson was following close behind and letting his eyes run up and down Reid's lean frame. When he sat, she sat in his lap.

"Don't make a sound," she said in her honey voice and the man instantly closed his lips nodding eagerly. It was almost too easy.

Grabbing his chin, she shoved his face back into the velvet seat of the booth and went straight for the throat. With her fangs elongated she was ready to have her fill when she was grabbed and yanked from the booth. Her teeth snapped on open air. She rolled trying to see what had grabbed her and before she knew it she was back in the ally, being thrown onto the dirty ground. Man handled. She was getting annoyed with being man handled.

Reid looked up to see Xavier's emerald green eyes pulled into a monstrous glare that would send grown men running, but not her. He stood there shaking in anger.

Reid snapped her teeth at him and scowled as she began to stand, "What the hell!" she yelled dusting grime from her ass.

"Do you really think that I'm stupid enough to let you HUNT in my territory? Let alone in fucking public." He fumed from where he stood. There was a black gun tucked into the front of his jeans.

Reid rolled her eyes and began to walk away. She would find sustenance somewhere else. She was wasting valuable time.

He appeared in front of her in lightning speed. "I'm talking to you," he snarled down at her. His fangs were out, eyes blazing.

"Not anymore," she said stepping around him. She shoved a shoulder into him.

In an instant, she was pinned against the wall of the alley. He gripped both her hands over her head.

"Are you really this naïve," he spat through clenched teeth.

"What do you mean!" she snapped pulling at her arms. His grip was stronger than the last time.

"Feeding on people," he snarled, leaning in close enough that if he wanted he could tear her throat out without a seconds hesitation.

"How else do you expect me to survive," she hissed teeth bared. She shoved him off of her.

He snarled low in his throat. "You'll get caught you fucking idiot," he yelled at her. "They do remember things."

Reid knew she wouldn't get caught, she never did. No one could withstand her singing. No one could go against that power.

But to Xavier she wasn't a siren; she was a vampire.

"How else do you expect me to get what I need?" she said frustrated.

"Blood bank?" he snarled like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

She just stared at him blankly.

"You have no idea do you?" Xavier said rolling his eyes.

She didn't say anything

Xavier sighed and turned away.

"Wait. Where are you going," she snapped chasing after him. That gun clanked when he walked.

Reid followed him out into an empty parking lot with only one vehicle in it. A black car glistened under the streetlights. Xavier reached into his pocket and clicked a button on the remote. The hatch popped open a moment later. Xavier pulled out a cooler and set it on the pavement. Reid could smell blood.

"Here," he said kicking it towards her. He reached up to close the hatch.

She flipped the lid open to see row on row of clear bags filled with blood. Clean, untainted blood.

"Yeah," Xavier said getting into the driver's side of the black car and driving away.

Reid looked down at the cooler and then fell to her knees in front of it. She devoured it all.