Chap 14- Ehsaas-e-kamtari (احساس کمتری)

A/N; I'm so SORRY y'all it's been a while. Hopefully abh updating time behater ho! (fingers crossed).

--

She later freshened up and returned. He lay on his side and she went to her side. Her head still at the opposite side of the bed. Everything was the same, but the hatred had disappeared. The whole Usman case had hit her like a pile of bricks, awakening realisation that Zaakir isn't exactly that bad. She peeked over to his side. He lay on his chest, preventing his weight to fall on his wound, his head faced towards her and eyes shut. She looked at him a while, as if trying to figure him out. She whispered a "goodnight" with a soft smile to him and let her eye lids rest.

---

"Jee, jee phuppo aap fikar na karein"

(Yes, yes aunt don't you worry)

"pr baat tho fikaar ki hi hai, pata nahi kis raah chalti ko le aya..meri Nidah se hoti na tho dekthi. Uska kahna peena, pura ghar, sab, sambhaleti Nidah"

(But it's worrisome, we don't know which random passer-by he has brought back..had he got my Nidha you would know. His eating, his house .,everything she would've taken care of it all)

"areyyy phupo abh jo hogaya usko hum badal tori saktey he"

(Oh aunt. its done now. we can't change that)

Falak was attending the unexpected guest, the one and only Fouzia Phupo.

"hmm...lekin prbi. batao wo sahi rethi tum logo ke saat? me kuch samjahu kya?" Fouzia phupo advised.

(hmm. but still. Tell me does she stay well with you all? Shall I teach her something?)

Qirat who had come down to say Salam to the guest stopped at the threshold hearing the niece and aunty talk. She heard them talking about her, mostly Fouzia inquiring about her and comparing her to her daughter Nidah..and Falak defending her. It made her insecure, nonetheless she smiled and walked into the room, sitting next to Falak.

"Assalamalaykum auntie, kesi hein aap?" she said.

(Greetings Aunt, how are you?)

"Walaykum asalam" Fouzia replied, ignoring the later. "acha bhay ab me tho chalti hu, ghar aana kabhi beta" she added, looking at Falak. to which Falak just smiled.

(Ok I must leave now, do come round my place sometime)

---

"I'm so sorry bhaabi, woh phupo zara esai sakhth mijaaz ki hein" Falak said to Qirat as soon as Fouzia had left the haveli.

(I'm so sorry sis-in-law, aunt is a bit harsh by nature)

"Hey its fine its fine" Qirat reassured a guilty looking Falak.

"Acha wese. apney bhai ke barey me kuch bataogi mujhe?" Qirat asked.

(anyways. will you tell me something about your brother?)

"Hunh bhaijaan ke barey me? ...aap unse khud puchley, I'm sure une acha lageyga" she responded in a teasing tone.

(hunh about brother?..you should ask him directly, I'm sure he'd like that)

"Falak!!" Qirat whined.

"Acha acha puchein"

(Okay, ask)

"hmmm...unhoney abh thak shaadi kyu nahi ki thi?"

(hmmm..Why did he not get married yet?)