[38]

"Donghyuck!!! Lee Donghyuck!" 

But the boy did not stop. Not because of the fact that he just wanted to be away from everyone, going through his pain and self-pity on his own. It was because he simply could not hear the clear yells behind him, too immersed in his own world.

"Hey, where are you going?! Lee Donghyuck!" 

He continued walking steadily, head spinning, forcing the pit in his stomach to go.

The small, jogging figure behind him halted into place, frowning in subtued anger as she watched him continue walking. She thought she was being ignored, which was something she did not like at all. Therefore, she mustered up all of her voice and clenched her fist before releasing it in the form of a high-pitched scream.

"LEE DONGHYCK!" 

The voice cut through the boy like a knife, forcing all of his thoughts to come to a halt. An uneasy, defening silence overtook the space as he stopped in his tracks like her, and he continued standing there whilst she panted.

After recollecting himself, Donghyuck decided to turn his head just enough to be able to catch the girl in his field of vision. He didn't want to fully face her, fearing that it may be inviting her to come closer.

"Where are you going?" Soomin asked, the concern clear in her voice.

The saliva couldn't go down the boy's throat as he watched her silently. He didn't want to say anything, and besides, he wouldn't have been able to. As if his voice was robbed from him. As if all of the gifts of a human were suddenly taken away from him. He felt like a shell walking around on two automated legs, no soul to be seen inside of him.

Soomin didn't move from her spot, maintaining deep eye contact with him. Her pale cheeks were now rosy from the cold wind crashing against them, her for the most part bare legs exposed to the icy temperatures as well. She seemed genuienly worried as she looked at him invitingly.

But Donghyuck just couldn't do it. They even had the exact same eyes.

That's why he silently turned back forward, and continued going his way in a more hurried step.

"Hey!!! Hey, where are you going?!" Soomin yelled again, setting off into a jog behind him. "Donghyuck!"

But he continuously decided to ignore her, walking even quicker. He could hear her footsteps getting closer and closer as she ran after him, his already bursting emotions rising along with them. He wouldn't be able to stand her for much longer. She was about to cross a line.

And that line was crossed as she managed to run up close enough to grab him by the forearm, forcing the boy to an abrupt stop.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" Donghyuck yelled at the top of his lungs, violently jerking his hand away from hers. As he did that, the decorative zipper on the sleeve of his black jacket cut through the skin of her palm, causing the girl to hiss in pain. She looked out to find the wound already filling up with her own, red blood yet she didn't care as she went back to facing him.