22.

Emric.

Linden was devasted I knew that much, we had been together all week not leaving the other because the mating was still new and usually sex happens a lot.

It's always for the pleasure and to make sure an heir or pup is conceived which I'm hoping didn't happen because my parents would kill me.

As I laid my baby to sleep on the bed, I knew I had to get his mom back for him, she was the only family Linden had, his brother was a no go since he left and never looked back.

"Try get some rest, when the scouts come back I will wake you." He nods and I place a kiss on his forehead. I left him curling closer to the large wolf stuffed animal I got for him, if he were to move in.

In no time he was asleep, today had taken a toll on my baby and I wanted to help him, take his burden away and love him like he should be loved.

Making my way down the stairs I pass pack members who had the same expression as I did, they all loved their Luna, and watching him sad like that, it would have an impact on the pack.

"How is he?" Train asks. "He's doing better, sleeping with his stuffed wolf, today was bad for him, I haven't seen or felt him so depressed." I lean on the railing feeling helpless because of the sadness I felt from Linden.

"It's going to be okay, we'll get her back." I nod because it was imperative we get her back, she was my mother in law. "Have the scouts come back yet?" I asked hoping they were.

I couldn't fail Linden therefore the pack couldn't slack around in their search of the rogues who had taken Mrs. Ordell. "No they haven't but they found something." Train replied as we headed toward my office.

I had hoped Mrs. Ordell wouldn't find out about wolves during an attack or something similar like Linden did, but it seemed that the two had a bit of bad luck on wolf first impressions.

"I found my mate." Train announced as we stood by the door. "I scented him out to be specific, was about to go find out who he is but then you told me about Linden and I came as quick as I could." I felt horrible for doing that to my brother.

This was a problem we needed to figure out but he didn't need to drop everything and come to us. Train had an issue with co-dependency but with time he got better at controlling it.

"A mate is a blessing Train, you should've gone after your mate and came to us later, though I'm glad you were there for us, Train you have your own life." I argued knowing he would try do better. "I know, but Linden is important, he was there for me when I needed him, I had to do the same." He retorts and I sigh knowing I couldn't dissuade him.

My mother, father, and the beta Terric were already in my office waiting, Terric was still beta because Raziq wanted to be given the title when Linden was given his, which would be anytime from now.

"How is he?" My mother asked she and dad loved my mate like their own child. "Sad and getting better, I promised I would wake him when the scouts get here but we need a plan of action first." They all nod and I settled beside my dad.

"The scouts are here." Terric announced and the six men walked in. The scouts were part of the pack a division among the warriors who specialized in tracking and finding enemy hideout and information.

"Afternoon Alpha, there is an old abandoned house a few miles from the town border, it had been abandoned for several years but two weeks ago the water and electricity were suddenly turned on, we found ten rogues including the wolf who was at your mates house and a woman there." I knew then it was them.

"That's them, anything else?" I asked hoping there was more information. "We overheard a conversation between the two of them who said their boss was planning on moving to another place, if I may alpha I'd like to request you strike as soon as possible." I nod toward the wolf determined to fulfil that request.

"Get me thirty warriors, I have a plan and we will go over it when they get here, we will strike tonight, in the dead of night when they least expect us." I instruct one of the wolves and he left.

I couldn't risk getting Linden involved in the fight, it was going to be hard convincing him to stay put and let me do the job a mate and an alpha should do, and that was to protect him and our family.

"We will get them ready as well." Terric and my father announced and left along with Train. I knew him coming along was inevitable and I needed the backup. "How will I convince him to stay and wait for us mom?" I asked not knowing what to do.

"Your father put me in my place when I didn't listen to him, but I don't think that's the best route, sit down with him and talk, he may want to come along but it will only distract you from the task and might result in a casualty that could be avoided." I listened to my mother's advice, I knew she was right though Linden may get mad at me for making him stay put, it was for the best.

"Let me go talk to him now, the wolves are on their way." She nods and I make my way outside and upstairs to the suite where Linden was sleeping. I couldn't afford him getting hurt therefore he had to stay.

It had been a stressful day for him, and I knew if he was to wake up, he would be anxious about what would happen and how everything would be handled.

He would want to get involved because it was his mother who was in danger but he would be too and I couldn't live with myself knowing I got him hurt.

I climb onto the bed and replace the stuffed wolf toy with my body, he curled closer to me laying his head on my chest. His scent as usual drove me crazy. "Babe wake up, need to talk to you." He whines curling closer to my body.

"We found her babe, you need to wake up." His eyes opened lazily, he looked up and smiled. "You found her?" He mumbled and I nod. "We are about to go over the plan to rescue her and her boyfriend I guess." I replied not knowing what exactly I will be doing with his mom's rogue boyfriend.

"I wanna come too." He spoke more confidently the sleep was draining away. "No." I replied making him frown. "But Alpha—." Linden had begun using the term knowing he could get away with anything if he made my wolf cave, but this time it didn't work.

"You're not coming with Linden, it's too dangerous." I asserted making him pout. "She's my mom though, I wanna rescue her with you." I couldn't let him come, I had no idea what awaited us so I wouldn't.

"I love you, all the way to munchie land and back, so when I say no I'm saying it because I want you safe and happy, if you come I wouldn't focus on the task rather worry about you, therefore no." I asserted and he sighed knowing he wouldn't win the argument.

"Promise me you'll tell me everything, if anything goes wrong you'll tell me, and if you're on your way home, you'll tell me, okay." I would always make sure to come back home to him.

"Yes Sir, I promise all of it, don't worry." I held him close inhaling his scent, he was worried about me and intended on getting rid of that worry, So I kissed him.

+++

LMJ

De