XIII. HOGSMEADE, 1973

HOGSMEADE, 1973!

NOVEMBER 1973

3rd Year

• • • •

Holland Lux smiled as she walked through the corridors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on a warm Autumn afternoon in 1973. The third year held her Study of Ancient Runes textbook close to her chest, as she made her way to that class on the first day of term.

"I can't believe you roped me into taking this class." Maxine muttered, as she and Bronwyn walked either side of the girl.

"I didn't rope you into anything," The Irish girl scoffed with a laugh, "You asked me whether you should do Study of Ancient Runes or Arithmancy. And I merely suggested this class because I knew that you would fall asleep Arithmancy."

"Oh, yeah, you're right I would." Maxine nodded, as Holland pushed her glasses further up her face.

"She still falls asleep in Divination." Bronwyn chuckled.

Holland smirked, "Who doesn't? There's a reason I decided not to take it."

The three walked into their class, seeing that they had all been assigned seats for the year, giving each other sad smiles before sitting in their seats. Bronwyn let out a sigh as she sat down at the front of the class next to Severus, as Maxine sat next to a blonde Hufflepuff just behind her best friend and Holland sat in her seat at the back of the class next to a tired Gryffindor, who had a large scar in the shape of a scratch on his face.

"Hi." The girl grinned, placing her bag on the floor by her feet.

"Hello." The sandy brown-haired boy smiled back, tiredly.

"I'm Holland, Holland Lux." The Slytherin introduced herself, holding out her hand for him to shake.

"I'm Remus Lupin." He said, shaking her hand.

All conversations ceased as their Professor entered the room, and everyone turned their attention to the front of the class.

During the lesson, Holland payed close attention to what her teacher was saying, writing down detailed notes as she spoke. Halfway through, she noticed that the boy sitting next to her had fallen asleep, and after noticing the dark circles around his eyed, the dark-haired girl didn't have the heart to wake him up.

It wasn't until the end of class when Holland lightly shook Remus' shoulder, shaking him awake.

"What happened?" He asked, groggily, wiping his eyes.

"You fell asleep," Holland told him, packing up her things, "You looked tired, so I thought I'd let you sleep. Don't worry, Professor Babbling didn't notice."

"Oh." Remus mumbled, packing away his things, too.

"Um, here." The girl said, holding out a piece of parchment with notes written in neat handwriting to him.