Hunting day

(Polly's P.O.V)
The whole family was outside at the stables waiting for Tommy and Fievel. Ada requested that we have some family time and go hubting with the horses and ponies like we used to do. Eventually I saw Tom's car pull up. He got out and retrieved Filly from the other side. As they walked towards us you can literally see that Filly looks up to Tom. Especially when he smiles at him, the love from the boy towards his first father figure is so strong. And same goes for Tom. He might not show it in public quickly but the whole family knows he loves the kid to death.

 He might not show it in public quickly but the whole family knows he loves the kid to death

I'm not sure why I have this feeling. But my gut tells me Filly might be more than an adopted child. If you look close enough, he has Tom's ice blue eyes. Personality wise, Filly is almost the same when Tom was a child. Filly looked in front of him and his face lit up. He let go of Tommy's hand and ran towards me, arms spread and yelling out my name. I laughed and lifted him up so he could hugg me. "Alright. We have enough horses and ponies for everyone" Ada started as she began handing horses to everyone.

(Tom's P.O.V)
Ada handed me the small chestnut pony named Reese. I laughed as I saw Filly basically jumping up and down waiting to get on. He absolutly loves riding. I took him on many rides when I'm free. Some times he sits in front of me as we ride one of the stallions bareback. I adjusted the stirrups for him. "Come on then" I said waving him over. He excitedly stepped beside me and I lifted him up onto Reese. "Remember everythin'?" I asked him. He nodded. "Pull the reins to slow down and steer. Add leg to go faster" he said and smiled proud. I nodded before retrieving the Brown horse named Perry from Ada. I got on and me and Filly waited for everyone else to get on. After everyone was comfortable we all headed out to hunt some deer. John's kids, Filly, Polly and Ada where walking in front of us. The hooves of all the horses connected with the stone/dirty ground as we walked through the forest.

We arrived at out usual place where we have a campfire and eat before heading back

We arrived at out usual place where we have a campfire and eat before heading back. We all got off and helped out with either the horses or set up a fire. "Filly!" I called out. I saw his head pop out beside a tree. "You wan' to hunt?" I askes him. I watched him think for a bit but eventually I saw him nod and walm towards me. My brothers, Michael, Fievel and I went out to go search for a deer. As we walked through the woods I taught Filly how to track some animals. Pointed out some poisoness and none-poisoness plants. It didn't take long for Filly to see something. "Daddy look" he said and pointed at the deer, "god job, Bud" I said and patted his shoulder with a wide smile. I grabbed the riffle from John and kneeled down. I pulled Filly in front of me and told him to grab a hold of the gun. It was heavy so we held it together. "Alrigh' now look through the lens. Can you see the deer? If not move it untill ya do" I asked him softly. He nodded and I felt him move the riffle a little up. He looked back at me for reassurance that he was on the deer. I looked through it and smirked proudly as I saw the deer clear through the lens. "Just keep it steady. While I shoot, aye" I told him. I felt him lean aginst my chest so he could stay in balance. "3. 2. 1." I said counting down "Bang" I said and pulled the trigger. We all watched the deer fall down to the ground right after being hit with the bullet. "Just like ya father" Arthur said patting Filly on the head as he walked past us to the deer. We arrived back and left the deer with Polly.

(Filly's P.O.V)
We all sat around the fire as we ate our feed. Everyone told a story and me and John's kids listened closely. Not long after everyone finished Michael grabbed something from his horse-bag. He walked back. "It isn't a campfire with out some marsh-mellows" Michael said with a smirk. I clockside my head in confusion, I have never heard of marsh-mellows before. Dad chuckled behind me. "It's really good" he started to explain as he grabbed two pieces. "You put them on a stick" he said handing me a marsh-mellow and a stick. I copied what he did. "And then you just hold it above the fire". He pushed my stick towards the fire and I watched in total concentration as the soft fluffy white stuff started to melt and turn slightly brown. "Now pull it out the fire or you burn it like John's kids" he said and pointed to the kids who all had black marsh-mellows. "Go ahead. Eat it" he said and waited for me. I trusted him enough that this thing won't kill me so I took a bite.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I watch Filly's face turn into delight as he tasted a marsh-mellow for the first time. He quickly ate the rest and ran to Michael and almost tackled him down demanding him for more. Everyone laughed as we watched Michael try to keep the marsh-mellows as far away from Filly as possible. But it wasn't going well because the kid is a good climber. In no time he was on Michaels shoulders.

Published: 5th of september 2020

What kind of marsh-mellows do you like?

I like it when it is brown enough you can crack it of and its is sticky inside.