Chapter 24; Trying To Move On

...(Y/N)'s POV...

I sat beside my brother, we were shivering and hiding in an alley. Both of us were dirty and hungry, I'd wait until dark to go out and start to search for people and food. I'd steal from the drunks, the druggies, and the night owls, I had to be quick about it too. Our quirks wouldn't let us die from starvation but it still hurts, we still felt sluggish and fatigue. It had been 2 days since a real meal, I didn't know how much more my small body could take. I held onto him, my eyes moving to the ground. I was going in and out of consciousness, suddenly the ground was dark and shadowed. I used all my strength to lift my tired head up.

A man with a haunting mask and black suit on stood in front of us. My eyes widened, this man resonated a dark entente. "You seem hungry, child." He stretched his hand out to me, I only held Daichi closer to me. "Don't fear me, I only wish to help." I shook my head.
"I-I don't want... your help... sir." I stuttered out, my voice slightly raspy.
"Very well, but I'll be watching you closely."

...End Dream...

I shoot up from my bed, his face filling my eyes. I bit my lip hard, the urge to smoke filled my body. Blood dripped down from my mouth, I slowly took a deep breath. A quiet curse left my lips as I lifted myself from the bed and sheets. "I need to walk around." I moved to my door and slowly twisted the door knob, I pushed the door open. The hall was quiet and still, no one seemed to be awake... or at least in the area. Old habits came in handy in the dark, I moved swiftly and without a sound.

I moved down to the main area without much trouble, the moment I entered the kitchen area my eyes caught a figure from the corner of my eye. My instinct kicked in and I went for my blades... that weren't there, and my body was on the defense. My eyes suddenly met Todoroki's. My body relaxed all tension slowly, I stood up from the slight couch I'd moved too. "I'm sorry, Todoroki." I let out a soft and drained sigh.
"It's fine." He nodded and walked further into the area, I didn't want to look at any of them.

This heavy and suffocating feeling of shame was starting to surface the more I was around them. "You couldn't sleep... either." I broke the silence, my voice was quiet and more distant.
"I don't blame you." He said opening the fridge grabbing something.
"W-what?" My eyes moved from the tile to the side of his white hair.
"I don't see you any different from before, we all have issues." He stood up with a very subtle smile, "I do not blame you. I thought you should know." He then walked out. I was stunned, my body wouldn't move, my mind was blank. I didn't know how to react; should I be happy? Confused? Relieved? I just stood like a deer in headlights waiting to be hit by reality itself.

I walked out of the kitchen still trying to wrap my head around what Todoroki said, I moved upstairs, in a slight daze. My feet shuffled against the wood flooring, I moved to my door and pushed it open. My eyes moved to the balcony, the outside was dark and quiet. I walked through my moon lit room and opened the glass door. I went to step out but froze, my hand raised to the choker around my throat. My eyes moved to across the tree line, "I have to keep going on." I mumble closing the door. My hand dropped next to me and I curled up in my bed, staring at my painting on the wall.

...time skip...

I walked out of the building, my eyes on my feet. I watched the pavement cracking and moving some when I walked on curtain areas. My bag was slung over my shoulder and my uniform was neatly put together. I was alone in the hall, I was a bit early but I didn't want to stay in the dorms longer then needed. My stomach was empty but I felt no pain. My mind started to get lost in thought, I thought about my past and present life... comparing them. "It's brighter then before... I guess." I mumbled to myself.

I look up and notice more kids and I didn't know where in the building I was. I noticed students looking... glaring at me. "Aye! Your that Villain girl from class 1-A right!?" I turned and saw this guy I'd never seen or talked too before. I opened my mouth slightly but he cut me off before I could speak, "are you mute or some shit!?" He laughed and cornered me to the lockers, I looked over him and looked for a weak point. My eyes met his side, I shook my head. 'I cant attack him! It'll make things worse!'
"I'm not mute, but you're in my way. I merely wish to go to my class on time." I answer my eyes meeting his intense ones.
"You don't belong here, Villain." He spat out, hitting his hand next to my head. I didn't flinch, I didn't even give the hand a glance.
"What hero complex do you have? If anything, all charges against me are dropped, so you look like the villain right now. I am a civilian." I stared up at him, my eyes locked with his.
"Tch. Whatever, Villain." He moved away and everyone stood around staring.

I sighed and looked around for a moment, I then see a familiar purple haired boy. "Shinsōu." I said calmly. He walked over looking down at me. "It's been awhile." I smiled a little, he nodded.
"I'll walk you to class."

We began to walk, it was silent, but I wasn't uncomfortable. "Hey, (Y/N), tell me the truth... if you wanted you could've fought him if you wanted too right?" I look at him and sigh.
"Yes. That's correct there were a couple of weak spots in his stance. But that would just paint me as the bad guy, I don't want that anymore." I looked a head and continued to walk. "You don't hate me, do you?" I thought aloud to him.
"No. I don't. I know you well enough to trust you had a reason. You're trying to improve."
"That's nice to hear, how about you come watch me train during lunch. I'd like I friend to talk too, not that the blood hero is bad."  I said quickly trying to have him understand better.
"Sure, (Y/N)."