t h i r t y - f o u r

[ marry ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

It rained that night. The perfect weather to mock them.

The best things in life both started and ended with rain.

Jimin had texted Taehyung out of no where, saying that he could spend the night at his place since Taehyung had to move out of his apartment soon. Yet when Jeongguk and Taehyung got there, Jimin was no where to be found and the door was unlocked. They let themselves in.

"Should I call him?" The younger asked.

Taehyung put his suitcases down next to the door. "Yeah. Check up on him." He didn't try to disguise the worry for the boy in his voice. A lump rose in his throat, last night's events in this very space taunting him. To distract himself, he started looking around for the guest room Jimin mentioned. "Why doesn't Jimin get himself a roommate to share the rent?"

Jeongguk smiled as he pulled out his phone. "You really wanna know why?"

This sparkled Taehyung's curiosity. "Tell me."

"Well, first off, I sleep over a lot." Jeongguk said, "And he likes it more when we have our bonding time by ourselves, you know. And second off, Jimin and Yoongi have been talking about moving in together at some point."

Taehyung raised his eyebrows. "Are they a thing?"

"Not yet they aren't."

The mood had shifted back to normal. Too normal. But maybe it was better off that way. Jeongguk of course volunteered to stay over in case Taehyung "gets lonely". But they both knew he just wasn't ready to go. They took turns washing up and changing into more comfortable clothes.

It was close to midnight now, and Taehyung's flight was scheduled to be at ten in the morning. Jimin was still no where in sight. When Taehyung entered the room, toweling his hair, he was surprised to see Jeongguk sitting on his bed, leaning against the headboard.

A soft smile tugged at his lips. "You're sleeping with me?"

Jeongguk shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. "I want to spend every last second with you. I was really tempted to walk in while you were showering and ask to join. But maybe that would've been too weird."

"Nah." Taehyung said with that teasing tone of his. He crawled onto the mattress as well, pulling at the covers. "I wouldn't have minded, really." He looked up at the boy and reached over to take his hand. "You're playing with your fingers again." Taehyung's expression softened. "What're you thinking, hm?"

Jeongguk never got sick of that question.

"Kiss me?" He said meekly.

Adoration filled Taehyung's eyes and he scooted closer to the younger, hands landing on his petite waist. "Okay." He complied, not needing much thought.

This one was slower, more careful. Taehyung's lips slotted over his perfectly, his thumbs fumbled under the younger's shirt, gently massaging the plush skin at his sides as reassurance. Maybe it was the fact that their minds were clearer now, or that the shock had worn off, but it truly felt like they had all the time in the world.

Jeongguk tried desperately to memorize how it felt to have Taehyung's lips pressed against his own, noting down the way he tasted, and the edge of roughness that sent the butterflies in his stomach swarming. It killed him to know he couldn't have this everyday. Killed him to know that one day Taehyung could be kissing another. And him? He was certain he'd never love anyone half as much as he loved Kim Taehyung.

"I could do this all night." Taehyung giggled a little against Jeongguk's mouth, pulling away just enough for their noses to touch. "Sunset to sunrise."

"So sentimental." Jeongguk teased. He leaned forward, their lips fractions away from colliding until Taehyung pulled away. The younger meet his eyes with confusion.

"We're not done? I thought we were done." Taehyung said innocently, earning a annoyed pout. "I was joking, darling boy." Jeongguk tried again, but the older moved back. "Eager, aren't we?"

"Taehyungie..."

That soft whine became Taehyung's favorite genre of music and he felt smug, seeing the blush creeping onto the younger's cheeks. "Don't you need sleep? Hm, baby? It's late."

"I don't think I'd be able to sleep tonight." Jeongguk replied.

Taehyung's smirk melted away instantly, seeing the hint of hurt that flashed across Jeongguk's features. "Gguk..." He pulled him closer this time, resting his chin on his shoulder as he hugged the boy. "Let's just be happy for a little bit."

"I'm trying." Jeongguk whispered as he returned the gesture. "But it's- so hard." He began weaving his fingers through the wet curtain of dark hair at Taehyung's nape. "I just want to stay awake all night with you."

"I can tell you another story."

Jeongguk nodded, though he knew it would only worsen the ache in his heart.

"We'll run away, just as you said." Taehyung began rocking the younger back and forth in his arms. "Cabin by the beach. Just the two of us. We'd go on a million dates." He chucked softly. "What's your ideal date, Jeongguk?"

"I'm thinking bungee jumping. Upside down."

Taehyung snorted, pushing away to climb off the bed. "Goodbye. It was nice knowing you."

"Wait, no. Don't go." Jeongguk laughed, eyes crinkling with bittersweet fondness as he grabbed the older and hooked his arms around his waist. At least he can prevent him from leaving this one time.

Taehyung grinned wide as he settled back into the younger's warmth. He continued on.

"I'll be there every waking moment. We'll be inseparable. I'll tickle you and kiss you every morning. And make love to you every night. I'll never let you forget how beautiful you are... And I'd marry you the first chance I get."

Jeongguk swore his heart stopped for a good second, not sure if it was the effect of Taehyung's sweet words or if he was on the verge of a heart attack. Maybe both.

Last time Taehyung told him a story, he made it come true- kind of. A harbor's the closest thing they had to a beach. But this story... it'll remain a story.

"Tae." Jeongguk leaned back to look at him in the eye, voice dropping even lower than a whisper. "W-would you make love to me now?" He'll take what he can get.

Taehyung stilled in his position, hands still pressed against the younger's lower back as he searched his face for any trace of doubt. "We don't have to, Gguk, if you don't want to. Seriously."

Jeongguk leaned towards the older, lips hovering near his ear. "Want you, hyung." He rasped.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

Yes there's chapters of smut coming up I'll give warnings if you want to skip them don't worry