Chapter 16: Wakanada?

3rd Person POV

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce explained. You were all in bad moods right now. Not only had he been through practically everything in the database, he had also taken the sceptre and disappeared to god knows where.

"If he's in your files, if he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asked, walking from Natasha to the middle of the lab.

"Nukes." You murmured quietly from your seat. If he went after nuclear codes, you'd all get a front row seat of what would've happened to New York if Tony didn't carry that missile into space.

"Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey said. Nobody really knew what to do.

"He said he wanted us dead" You spoke up, twiddling your fingers together. You weren't fond of a self aware AI wanting you all killed.

"He didn't say 'dead.' He said 'extinct.'" Steve quickly confirmed. You didn't see a difference. Either way he wanted you all 6 feet under.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint said. Everyone was slightly confused by that. Nobody else was in the tower.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria said quietly.

"Wait... Jarvis?" You slowly pieced it together. Tony walked forwards, swishing a screen in his hands. A broken orange ball appeared in front of him. You stared at Jarvis in shock. "This is just insane." Tony approached you, rubbing your back slightly.

"Jarvis was the first line of defence. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense." Steve said as he thought about it.

"No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is... rage." Bruce stated. Heavy footsteps caught everyone's attention. Thor walked in, immediately going after Tony and grabbing him by the throat.

"Hey, hey, hey!" You said quickly as you watched the demigod walk a few steps with Tony in his grasp.

"It's going around." Clint said, watching the whole ordeal.

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Tony said, not dropping his act at all. Even if it would save his life you doubted he'd do it.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor stated with a glare. He was very clearly pissed off about the situation.

"Tony, knock it off. Thor, what happened with the Legionnaire?" You asked as you tried to defuse the situation before it got messy. And also you weren't about to watch Tony get his throat crushed. Thor dropped Tony who gasped for air, then turned to you.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the sceptre." Thor explained, saying the last part with another glare at Tony. "Now we have to retrieve it, again."

"We're going on another field trip? This time can it be to somewhere warmer, like Florida?" You asked hopefully. You'd take anywhere but Sokovia again.

"Not yet." Tony answered.

"I don't understand. You built this program." Cho looked at Tony who looked at a screen next to him. "Why is it trying to kill us?" She asked. It was surprising how the night went from being fun to being horribly scary. Tony began quietly chuckling to himself which caught everyone's attention and seemed to piss a lot of people off. It confused you more than anything.

"Tony, not a great time right now." You muttered. This just didn't seem like it would end well.

"You think this is funny?" Thor asked, watching Stark carefully.