Chapter 14

"Zach will have something to tell you,  so I'm leaving you both alone" Doctor Laurelie said.  

I'm actually amazed at how often we claimed her office and made her go out of it, instead of us. 

"I need to tell you something" i put my attention back at Zach who is now standing in front of me,  while I'm sitting on the bed.

I tried to settle down my heart which is now currently beating too fast for it's own good.

"Do you know how werewolves choose who their next alpha would be?" Zach ask.

I tried thinking on what are the qualifications to be an alpha.

"eh??... The strongest and smartest one?" i answered not really sure. 

"That's true,  but sometimes you cant have both smarts and brawns at the same time... that's why they have another requirement"

I feel like I know the answer....

"what is it?" I still asked

"The alpha must come from the noble bloodline"

I took a deep breath as I heard him say that...

Noble bloodline...

It sounds so...

Fancy...

And intimidating

My reader brain,  is now creating various plot that will fit with the noble bloodline of a werewolf.

Whatever it may be,  I'm sure it has something to do with the baby inside of me. 

"In the past,  the God's and Goddesses choose 3 main packs to guard the small packs for each deity,  they blessed the alpha's of that pack, thus came The noble bloodline. Any werewolf that has a noble bloodline will have extraordinary strength, intelligence and lifespan, far more than any werewolves have" Zach paused.

I....expected that,  but I'm still awed.

"but there is a downside to it... " Zach look at me in the eyes,  like he was looking at something very precious, like a treasure to be kept. 

He reminds me of me when I look at my collection of manga books that I never want anybody besides me to touch. 

"passing the noble bloodline is not easy,  despite the long lives ahead of us,  not all of those of noble bloodlines can leave a descendant. Some of us just die... "

I gulp,  as I realize the importance of this child inside my tummy. 

"Currently, there are only 5 of us,  2 is the alpha of the main packs, and the other one is Laurelie, the 5th one is missing"

Doctor Laurelie is of noble bloodline too????!!

Wait, more importantly...five??  In the whole world???!!!

"We have live for a long time,  yet none of us had even had a child... " Zach intertwined my hand in his... My heart felt like it would burst out of my ribcage, i don't know if it's because of all the revelation that happened or is it because his holding my hand...

He dropped a small kiss on my hands... It felt ticklish. That tickling feeling connected from my hand to my tummy,  giving me those stupid butterflies that makes you feel like you want to pee but can't.

"until now..." he continued while looking at me intently.

I can't focus, I can't focus.

Why are you still holding my hands?  Stop!! You're not making me focus!!