XIV. THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT

THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT!

NOVEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

"Look what I found." Maxine grinned, skipping over to her friends at breakfast.

"What?" Holland asked, in the middle of eating her cereal, and the redhead sat between her and Bronwyn.

"Look." Maxine said, taking a photo out of her bag, showing a moving picture of herself, Holland and Bronwyn on their first trip to Hogsmeade in November, 1973.

"Oh my God!" Bronwyn laughed, as they stared down at the photo, before turning it to a confused Regulus, who laughed, taking the photo out of Maxine's hands.

"Merlin!" The boy chuckled.

The three girls had definitely changed. Bronwyn used to be the tallest of the three, Maxine now taking that title, and Holland still remaining the shortest. Maxine's hair used to fall in ringlets, in now falling in long, luscious locks. Holland had since cut her hair off quite a few inches and ditched the dorky glasses. And all their faces had changed, grown and they were now mature young women.

And although, three years down the line they look different, they were still the same. Holland, Maxine and Bronwyn.

The Brains, The Beauty and The Brawn.

"God, those glasses really were awful." Holland chuckled, taking hold of the picture.

"I think they made you look adorable." Regulus teased the older girl, making her stick her tongue out at him.

"Wasn't that when you were going out with Mulciber?" Bronwyn realised.

"Oh God, don't remind me." Holland chuckled, glancing over at the boy, who was sitting down the table from them.

"So much is different," Maxine said, "But nothing has changed."

The friends all nodded, smiling at each other, before Maxine suddenly let out a loud sneeze.

"I'd say God bless you, but with your looks I can see he already has." Holland said, her friends all stared at her, before the quarter burst into laughter.

***

Holland was on her way to the library, having a free period, when a hand grabbed her own, tugging her in the opposite direction

"Woah!" She cried, looking up at her kidnapper, "Remus, what are you doing?" The Irish girl asked with a chuckle, as he checked around for any lingering students, Holland finding herself doing the same thing.

"I have to show you something." He answered, continuing to walk through the Hogwarts corridors with purpose.

"What?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.