Carnage arc pt.3

Y/n is seen at a restaurant refilling a cup of dr. Pepper, as he finishes up, he begins to walk back to his table. His gang of friends are seen chatting, he shows a weak smile as he sits down.

MJ: I'm glad we could all finally hang out again, it's been a few weeks since we all did something together.

Petra: Yeah, with the stark internship, Y/n and I don't have enough time to meet up. With the exception of Gwen, of course.

Gwen: Yeah, the band has been practicing for our next gig, so I could only meet up with Y/n, not that that I'm complaining.

MJ: So! Does anyone have any news since we last hung out.

Harry chuckles, gaining everyone's attention.

Harry: well, I got a girlfriend.

Petra: Oh really? What school does she go to?

Harry: You wouldn't know her, she goes to another nation.

MJ: What nation?

Harry: My imagination.

Gwen/MJ/Petra: That's depressing.

Harry chuckles before pulling out his phone.

Harry: But seriously, I did get one. You guys know Liz?

MJ: Liz? You mean that girl who was homecoming queen freshman year?

Gwen: The girl who's leagues above you?

Petra: And the one that rejected you last year?

Harry: *sweats nervously* Y-Yeah.

He shows the girls a picture of the two at the movies.

Harry: I asked her out again, and this time she accepted, so we're dating now.

The three girls all share skeptical glances, before shrugging.

Gwen: Well, good luck.

MJ: Yeah.

Petra: Bless your poor soul.

Harry: W-What, why do you say that like I'm gonna die?! 

Harry notices Y/n was being silent since he sat down. Y/n looked deep in thought

Harry: Y/n? Are you alright?

Y/n snaps out of it and looks at his girlfriends and friends. He then speaks not bothering to hide his feelings.

Y/n: No I'm not, it's hard to accept why we have school off today.

Suddenly the air becomes tense around the table.

Gwen: O-oh I know what you mean, I can't believe they found a body behind the school.

MJ: Did they find out who the body was?

Harry: I heard it was Joshua's body.

Gwen: No way, wasn't that one of Flash's goons?

Y/n: Yeah, he was…

MJ: Do they know who killed him?

Gwen looks through her phone.

Gwen: I'm not exactly sure, but from what authorities say, it's a new villain named Carnage, apparently it eats heads like Venom, except, this one seemed much messier as it was eating the man's face, while cutting up the body. As if it had a resentment towards the guy.

Harry: ...That's disgusting.

MJ: Yeah… really.

Y/n begins to remember the scene before him, the corpse on the ground as Carnage ripped into Joshua's face. His stomach began to turn, he covered his mouth and got up, before running to the bathroom. Petra gets up to comfort him, only for Gwen to grab her hand.