33

•Still Caden’s POV•

~

“Are you sick in there?”

“No, I am sick all over.” 

How many times did she have to tell me that she was sick? She did not even give me slight hints, she straight up told me, but did my baffoon of a brain understood? No.

I was busy holding the grudge and stay mad at her for the reason unknown to mankind.

I was a fucking asshole, that was what I was.

“Did she really not think of me as her best friend?” A broken Joshua asked to no one in particular.

“She did not want to hurt you, Josh.” Grace replied in a very meek voice, something that I heard for the first time. There were many things I was experiencing for the first time and it had not even been a total of two hours.

“She hurt me by not telling me of her cancer.” A tear escaped his eye and he did not even dare rubbing it away because he knew many such tears were accompanying that lonely tear.

“Joshua—” Grace continued, trying to console him, but he was still trying to process everything just like me, he was in more shock than me, obviously, he would be. He was best friends with her since forever, so consider him knowing about his best friend who has been battling cancer for like two years now just when there was a very little to no chance of her living anymore.

“Was I this gullible all this while?” He looked at her with tear strained face and this was the first time I saw him cry this much.

Well, I should be the last one to talk about crying when that was the only thing that I was doing for the past one and a half hour.

“It’s not your fault, Joshua.” Grace said, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“She lost so much weight in the past few months and I still did not pay any serious heed. She constantly had headaches and serious coughing and still I ignored all the symptoms.” He said more to himself, the comforting words of Grace not doing anything in calming him down.

“I told her to change the house and she did tell me that she won’t be here for long, I did not even ask further as to why she said what she said.” I could so relate to him.

“And you, you did not even bother letting me know of the same!” He pointed an accusing finger at Grace who was trying so hard not to cry, but who were we kidding? Their best friend and my love was going to die and we were all just standing here, blaming ourselves and each other while crying our eyes out.

“Joshua, it was not my place to tell.” She said, weakly.

“I feel so betrayed right now, so so betrayed.”

Me too.

Even though I had nothing to feel betrayed about.

“I am sorry.” Grace muttered while sitting down on the chair, rubbing her face and getting rid of all the tears.

“Don’t be.” He passed her a teary smile and hugged her tightly, both embracing each other in comforting hugs.

I felt so jealous right now, looking at both of them. No doubt both of them liked each other, even though they were in denial and here I was, crying alone with no one to comfort me and that was my whole doing.

“To you also.” Grace spoke, looking at me.

“Huh?” I asked, dumbly.

“I am sorry, I should not have blamed you for Rosa’s health, but the idea of blaming someone else seemed really appealing then, even though I was the one who could not persuade her to live.” My eyes widened at her confrontation, never would I had thought that she would be apologizing to anyone, let alone, me.

“It’s not your fault too, you should not be blaming yourself.” I said, passing her a small smile.

“But it is my fault, I am a horrible friend.” She groaned and started sobbing silently. I indicated Joshua from the nod of my head, telling him to comfort her, which he was going to do anyways.

“You are a wonderful friend, Grace.” I replied.

“She loves you.” Grace said, making me gasp in shock.

It took me three whole minutes to process what she just said and maybe it would have taken longer if Grace wouldn’t have taunted me.

“Are you just going to stand there with your mouth open or what? You look possessed.” I looked at her with a straight face before a huge smile broke on my face. This was the best news someone has ever told me in ages and if I was not going to do something illegal before, then I was surely going to do it now.

“You saying truth?” I asked, confirming because I needed to know that what I heard was really what I just heard.

“I wish I was lying.”

“Bitch.” I muttered and a smile broke down on her face.

“Wow, so original.”

We all sat at a comfortable silence after that as the reality drawn upon us, once again. Rosaline was not back at her senses yet and we were not sure when she would be awake. We did not have much time to wait as the clock was ticking and we only had a little over to seven hours to make a decision.

But that decision was not accountable at our hands, it was Rosaline’s decision, but considering how she was never going to agree to get the treatment, heck, we did not even have any idea as to when she would be awake, I decided to become selfish and do it all my way.

“What level of risk you guys can take for the healthy recovery of Rosaline?” I asked, as they looked at me as if I had gone crazy.

“I can risk my life for her.” Grace said without any second thought and Joshua agreed to same.

Perfect.

“Well, we don’t have to go as far as giving away our lives because then there would be no point of Rosaline getting better, but there is something else we can do.” They looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to continue further.

“I know someone who can forge signatures.”

“I am down.” Grace said, grinning widely, followed by Joshua.

“Me too.”

“Let’s get Rosaline back in the game then.”

•••••••

This update is a small thank you from my part to all you lovely readers who supported me and sent so many prayers towards me.

I love you guys.

❤️