15: Emilia

-Emilia-

I found myself distancing myself from Vincent these past couple of days. The last time we spoke to each other was the day of Freddy's death. Guilt was eating at me for leaving him alone in the bathroom that day because I knew he was just trying to help me but I couldn't be around him without thinking about all the people he's hurt while trying to protect me.

Witnessing Freddy die really took a toll on me. I couldn't sleep for the next few nights because every time I would close my eyes, I would see the look on his face as I watched the life drain from his eyes and I would still feel the warmth of his blood coating my skin after he was shot.

Eventually, I stopped having those nightmares and I started to focus more on myself. Although a part of me has been missing Vincent, I decided that it was a good thing for me because my feelings for him had started to consume me. I didn't know if I had it in me to love someone who was willing to kill people closest to him just to keep me safe.

It hurts falling in love with someone who you shouldn't be falling for. Especially if that someone is a six-foot-four, dark haired and blue-eyed Italian devil named Vincent Fontana.

After a while, I think he got the message because he had started ignoring me too. Every so often, I would see him around the club when he would come in to check in on things but that was it. Sometimes I would see him leaving the VIP section of the private rooms, followed by girls who worked at the club.

He had caught me staring one time and his face was flat as ever. There was no glint of excitement in his eyes or any sign of a smirk. It was just emotionless. We had gone back to the way things were when I first met him—complete strangers.
-
"Look who decided to come out of her room." Edna laughed to herself as she stirred the noodles inside of the pot. I sauntered over to the counter and I hopped up on my original spot as I laid down.

"What's the matter darling?" She asked me softly as she tapped the spoon against the side of the pot and wiped her hands off on her apron before walking over towards me.

She placed her soft and delicate hand on my forehead and my cheeks to check if I was feeling okay. I felt completely fine but I also felt drained at the same time.

"Do you need me to call Vincent?" She asked and I quickly sat up from the counter and shook my head.

"No, there's no need to call him. I feel perfectly fine." I told her and she raised her eyebrows and gave me a small nod like she didn't believe me.

"Okay Emilia, tell me what's really going on. I haven't seen much of you these last couple of days. Normally you're always out here keeping me company." She sighed, making me feel a little guilty.

"I don't know Edna it's just...It's nothing." I responded, not wanting to talk about my situation because I would only end up confusing myself on what I actually wanted.

Luckily for me, Edna didn't bother to push the subject any further and went back to her cooking. I sighed pitifully and I hopped off the counter after I looked at the time on the clock.

"I have to get ready for work. I'll be home later for dinner, I don't work my night shift tonight." I told her and wrapped my arms around her as I placed a quick peck on her head.

I pulled away from her as I left her to cook and I headed back for my bedroom. I felt bad for leaving Edna all alone for hours. She's the only person I know in this house if you're excluding Salvatore and Vincent.