Another Shopping Spree

CHAPTER ELEVENAnother Shopping Spree

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Another Shopping Spree

CHOI JISOO

Last evening, I finally got what I asked for.

Just when I was whining about not having a job, Hoseok walked into the flat like a blessing from God! Since he was insisting to repay me, I asked him if he could refer me to his company. Although he kindly obliged, he still gave me his payment which was ₩30,00,000 (roughly $2500). Later, we went together to the place he worked at.

It was supposedly one of the well known commercial cleaning services in Seoul and even though the hiring manager was quite pleased to earn a new employee, he still wanted my resume and photo identifications.

The only person who I could trust was Jungkook. He was probably the only one who could help me with the documents.

And so, here I was, sitting at his dining table as we worked together to build a resume and photo identities. I don't know how he was gonna do it, I didn't want to know either.

"So! You'll get the ID's within two or three days!" Jungkook closed his laptop and stretched.

"Thank you, Jungkook." I relaxed into my chair.

"Why do you need these though?" He plopped his chin onto his palm, supporting it with his elbows against the dining table.

"Jungkook, I can't possibly be stuck in this building forever. With no money and no work to do, I'll die out of boredom before the contract ends." I sighed deeply, "I found a place I could work at, and I want to give it a shot. Even though I've not tried anything like this before, I'm sure it'd be worth a try!"

"Noona, you're so optimistic at times. I can't believe you're stuck with someone like Hyung." He joked.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, hyung is so different from you. He's so moody all the time, hardly talks and... lonely."

"Yeah... I kind of noticed that yesterday. Is there a reason why he's like that?" I gasped, "Am I intruding his privacy?"

"No, no, you're not." He smiled a little and sighed, "It's just that... he's had a past. It's not too pretty and it's not my place either to disclose what happened."

I chewed on my lip, "I'm planning to give his house a little makeover..."

He looked up at me like a deer caught in headlights, "I... I don't think that's a good idea. Hyung is a creature of habit, he likes to keep things the way it is so he'll probably go feral if you change it up. And let me tell ya, it is NOT a pretty sight to see."