CHAPTER 3

Just to avoid any confusion in this fanfiction: Derek is still an Alpha and Cora does not exist here. Also Malia doesn't exist or at least, she is not part of the story yet.

___________________________________________________________

Derek was missing. He didn't call or text anyone and Scott and Isaac couldn't find his scent anywhere. Scott broke into Dereks Loft that night after he didn't answer any call or text but he couldn't find anything. All of Dereks belongings were still there, everything seemed normal. Just, that Derek was not there. After Scott told Stiles what happened, he left the hospital again to search for Derek with Isaac. Stiles stayed at the hospital, and even if his fear and worries made his body release adrenaline, he fell asleep at some point.

With the low light of the dawn, Stiles woke up to a sudden noise. A muffled rustle and a quiet sigh flooded the silent room. Before Stiles eyes could get used to the bright light, he already jumped from his seat and moved to the bed in which Selena was slowly awakening. Stiles took her hand carefully and hoped that it would calm her down, instead of scaring her.

"Hey, Selena. You're safe here. Maybe you remember me from the Eichen House. I'm..."

"Stiles.", Selena interrupted his whispering words with a weak voice, and turned her head towards him. Her eyes were still closed and Stiles was wondering, if they were still silver.

"I'll just go and get a doctor.", Stiles whispered and tried not to show any nervousness or confusion. Without waiting for an answer, he pulled his hand back and took a step backwards to leave the room. Before he could turn around, Selena suddenly screamed out loud and sat straight in her bed. She moved so fast that it looked like a lightning had hit her. Her silver eyes were wide open whilst she stared at the wall and Stiles thought that she screamed louder than Lydia did. Stiles body froze in shock but soon after, his panic turned into adrenaline and he was able to finally react. He went back the hospital bed and grabbed Selenas hand carefully, he placed his other hand on her face to turn her head so she would look at him.

"It's ok, we can help you. Nobody knows you're here. You're safe here.", Stiles said with a loud voice to make sure she would hear him over her screams. Her panic filled eyes met Stiles brown ones and she suddenly stopped screaming. She stared at Stiles like her life was depending on it.

"Everything will be ok.", Stiles repeated quietly and concentrated on Selenas breathing which was slowly getting back to normal. Selena nodded her head so carefully that it was barely noticeable, she closed her eyes for a second and opened them again, just to look at Stiles with light blue eyes.

"Are you in pain?", Stiles asked and let his hand fall from her face. Selena tightened her grip around Stiles' hand, Stiles tried to ignore the pain he felt and just let her hold his hand. Selenas lips twitched like she was going to say something, but chose not to and just shook her head no.

"Are you hungry? I can get you some water and a bagel." Selena didn't respond and just kept staring at Stiles. She looked like she was lost in her own thoughts and didn't find a way out of it. Stiles could see how torn she was, torn between the decision if she could trust him or not. Stiles was sure that the girl should drink and eat something, so he didn't wait any longer and tried to pull his hand free.

"Please, don't leave. I-i...", Selena started and her voice was shaking. She was scared, very scared. Stiles didn't know if he should ask her what she was scared of or if he should just be quiet. He decided to keep quiet and just nodded his head. With his free hand, he grabbed for the chair behind him and pulled it towards him so he could sit down. Selena kept her gaze on Stiles and for a few minutes, they just stayed silent. Stiles could feel how Selena relaxed a bit more with every passing minute. He was sure that she felt save again so he grabbed his phone and texted Scott to meet him at the hospital with Deaton. Stiles hoped, that they would be there soon.

"Stiles?" Stiles was lost in his own thoughts when Selenas voice brought him back to reality. He lifted his head and looked at Selena.

"Did I lose my mind completely or do werewolves exist?", Selena asked and turned her head to the side to look into Stiles' brown eyes. Stiles thought that it was kind of funny that this was her first question and his mouth twitched slightly.

"You did not lose your mind.", Stiles answered honestly and noticed how Selenas eyes weren't filled with so much fear anymore. If Stiles had learnt one thing in the last few years, then it was that the truth was the most important thing. Every time they tried to keep something a secret, everything just got worse. That didn't mean, that he would walk around Beacon Hills and tell every passing human about werewolves, banshees and kitsunes.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?", Stiles asked carefully and looked at Selena with curious eyes. Selena thought about it for a few seconds until she finally nodded her head and her grip on Stiles' hand tightened again.