56. Hope

Enjoy Reading (:

-----------------------------

One Week Later:

Zara was now in her last month of pregnancy and she noticed that Kabir looked extra cheerful since past one week.

She wanted to ask why but then stopped herself.

No personal feelings, only baby feelings.

She was preparing herself for baby arrival and finally decided to ask Kabir about the arrangement after she gives birth.

She knew that he won't let her go but she also knew that they won't have to sleep in the same room. She wanted to talk about the arrangement after she gives birth. And she knew she was very late regarding that but he looked so stresses earlier and so she left the matter, waiting for right time.

No she was not going to stay quiet like she used to earlier but yes she can't be insensitive to trouble an already troubled person.

She didn't know what will happen once she gives birth. She knew one thing for sure and that was she won't stay away from her baby even for a second and she assumed Kabir would want the same which meant that they would be stuck together.

"Bir we need to talk." She finally called him and he looked up surprised as this was first time in months that she said those words.

"I think we should talk regarding baby room. I mean we have brought so many stuff but we haven't unpacked it yet and I think now is the right time." She said.

"This wasn't what I thought you would say but this would do." Kabir said now smiling and Zara got confused.

"What else should we talk about?" Zara asked.

"Many things. But for now this is an important topic. I was thinking to talk to you about the same." Kabir said smiling freely but dreading inside because the time was coming when he has to tell her the truth, slowly.

"I haven't unpacked the stuff because I'm thinking of purchasing a house for us. I have contacted a dealer and he has given me few good deals. We need to go and see the houses before we finalise it." Kabir said and Zara looked shocked.

They are getting a house together? Well, actually he was but he wanted her to go with him to see it and he wants to talk many things with her, so could she...may be hope that things could go well.

Her heart started beating happily in months with the possibility of something good finally happening. May be they could move past that day and may be they could forget about those papers. May be she could learn to lo...

No.

Not before they talk properly.

She won't rush stupidly like she did earlier.

"I should come with you?" She asked not wanting to be a fool to hope again and wanting to confirm her hopes.

"Of course Sunshine; it's our house, so both of us have to like it." Kabir said as if everything was normal and they were some happy couple.

"No."

Zara said, for the first time.

"You can't say stuff like this and expect me to take it normally. You can't say that we are buying a house and not clear any of my misunderstandings. You don't speak to me in months and then you say that we are getting a house? I don't want to think about the possible meaning of your words and go into an endless limbo. I cannot hope again, only for it to get broken." Zara spoke strongly at first but the last line in a small broken voice, with tears in her eyes.