Chapter 29: Confessions

I realised I left quite a good bit of future action last chapter. Well we will soon see if that happens

Today Ash and his friends are going through Maiden city , a city prior to Cornelius city ,the home of next gym .

As the trio comtinues to walk , their eyes fell on Pokemon trade center. Basically Pokemon trade center is a place where you can trade your Pokemon for someone else's Pokemon although that was certainly clear from the name itself.

Neither of them wanted to trade any of their Pokemon but just to see all different kinds of Pokemon that were there and out of bubbling curiousity, they entered anyway.

There were several machines already transferring the ownership. Different Pokemons like Panchum, Torrcat , Lotad , Mudkip , Jigglypuff , snivy , Cyndaquil etc were there .

All of sudden they saw that a little Buneary was sitting in the corner.

"What is the matter with that one?  I don't see it's trainer." Serena asked the man in charge there.

"Oh! Yes. There was a little misunderstanding between two people. They wanted to trade their Pokemon and they did but one put Buneary instead of what was agreed accidentally. Neither of the trainers wanted it and left it here . Since then it has been here miserable." He sighed.

"Oh! That is so bad. How could someone abandon such a cute Pokemon?" Dawn looked at it .

"Hey ! I have an idea . Buneary! Why don't you come with me?" Serena raised her as she looked at Serena fixatingly.

"Bun! Buneary." It nodded jumping .

"Wow ! That is so great. Just come with me and write your name and I will transfer ownership to you ." The man sighed as Serena went with him.

Ok! Now I am completely alone with Ash . No Serena. If I don't say it now , I may never do it . Dawn sighed.

"Ash! I have something to tell you . Would you come outside with me ?" Dawn said looking at him.

"But shouldn't we wait for Serena?" He began.

"We will return quite soon . It is important." She smiled.

"Ok ! Pikachu ! Stay here , will you and tell Serena that we will come soon." Ash left Pikachu there who nodded.

"So what did you want to tell me , Dawn ?" He asked as they moved through the street.

"Ash ! I want to tell you that I like you ." She took a deep breath.

"Well! I like you too. Don't all friends like each other?" He chuckled.

"Yes! Of course." Dawn smirked.

"Ash ! What I mean is I like you not just as a friend but more than that . I like you like I want you to be in relationship with me !" Dawn clarified as Ash stopped stupefied. He was surprised by this sudden Relevation. Dawn liked him more than a friend. She has feelings for him . Does he ? Does he like her more than a friend too ? His mind started racing with so many thoughts as he fell into silence.

"I don't expect you to answer right now. I understand you need some time to process it and then tell me later on if you want to give it a try ? A relationship with me even if you are not now sure if you like me or not that way ." Dawn patted him on shoulder as she left for Pokemon trade center. Slowly Ash retraced his steps back too thinking all the way .

"Hey Ash ! Now I have a new Pokemon and friend Buneary." Serena giggled as Ash and Dawn came back.

"That is great, Serena." Ash smiled feebly.

"Pika!" Pikachu asked what was the matter as Ash shook his head deciding to keep it to himself as Pikachu hop on to his shoulders trying to cheer him up .

After thay confession, Ash thought no more of it once he started his Pokemon training.

"Come on Growlithe! Today we are gonna work on your extreme speed to Draceon." With that he also brought out his Draceon.

"Use extreme speed." Ash said as both ran with great speed . Ash saw that Draceon was faster . He decided that it must be because while Draceon is evolved form of Eevee and Growlithe has not evolved into Arkanine yet .

"Hey Ash ! You were looking quite broody back at the center. Did something happen?" Serena asked him as he was training.

"Uhm...no ! Just had a little chat with Dawn ." He shrugged. Serena figured out that he was not completely honest.

"Ash! You do know that you can tell me anything. So just let it out whatever is on your mind." Serena said smiling . Ash sat down sighing as she joined him.

"Well if you insist then, Dawn told me that she likes me more than a friend and I am not quite sure what do I say to her now that wouldn't jeopardize our friendship." Ash sighed. Serena raised her eyes. Dawn already confessed . That girl wasn't kidding when she said she can't wait that long.

"Ash ! Does that mean you don't like Dawn that way ?" She asked hopefully .

"Huh! I don't know. I have never been in this situation or faced with such questions before. " Ash shook his head.

"Oh !" Serena sighed. Well! She couldn't let her win him.

"Ash! I am sorry I didn't tell you this sooner than she did. But I also like you more than a friend and would very much like to know if you want to try being in relationship with me. " Serena said blushing.

"What? You both like me that way.." Ash 's eyes widened as Pikachu gasped too hopping on his shoulder.

As the journey continues.