Eleven

Taehyung waited at the dance studio. He went there extra early to decorate the place. He put rose petals on the floor from the door for her to walk on. He stuck heart balloons on the walls. He dressed himself in a white shirt and black slacks. He wanted to look the best for her.

Taehyung asked Arya to not come that day. He didn't want to be disturbed and needed privacy. He was also nervous with invisible sweat on his forehead. His heart beat hard and fast waiting for her presence. The ring danced between his fingers eager to put it on her as a tiny smile played on his lips. He felt giddy at just the thought of them living together for the rest of their lives.

Taehyung asked Mia to come at five in the evening to the studio but it was six already. She was no where in sight. Taehyung began to turn impatient. His foot tapped against the floor as he waited and waited. The sky was getting dark and he checked his phone constantly to see if Mia sent any messages. There was none.

The time ticked to nine, Taehyung's shoulders slumped in disappointment. He tried calling her and got no response. He was now worried something had happened to her.

The sound of door opening, made Taehyung turn around with bright eyes. There stood Mia. Taehyung got off the floor and walked closer to her.

"I was worried something happened to you! You could have atleast called!" Taehyung yelled at her, ut Mia never lifted her head to look at him. Her eyes ran across the room.

"What is this, Taehyung?" She whispered, weakly. Taehyung pulled out a velvet box from his pocket. Mia understood where this was going. As he got down on his knees, she held in her sobs.

"I can't describe in words how much I love you. I can't imagine my life without you. We are both young but I promise to cherish to you for the rest of my life. I'll protect you with everything I have. Will you do the honor of marrying me, Mia?"

Mia covered her mouth as sobs racked through her body. She shook her head leaning against the wall. Taehyung couldn't have mistaken them for happy tears.

"I can't, Taehyung." She whispered. Taehyung stood up and walked near to her.

"Mia, what happened? Why are you crying?" That only made Mia cry harder.

"We can't do this anymore, Tae. I'm so sorry." She placed a crumpled paper in his hand. Before she walked out of the door, she hugged the life out of him. She clutched on to his sleeve not wanting to let go.

Taehyung sat lifelessly on the floor. The crumpled paper still in his hand. He wasn't ready to read whatever was in it.

'This is the hardest letter I have ever written, but it is necessary. I can't say this to your face and not break down.

We can't be together anymore, Tae. I wish there was another way to make us work but the problem isn't us.

Dad had a heart attack. Doctors said he might not survive another one. He wants me to put in safe hands, if something were to happen to him. He wants me to marry a person of his choice. I had no choice but to say yes.

I'm sorry. I love you. I will love till my last breath.

Mia

__________

Taehyung woke up with sunrays falling onto his face. It was warm which was unlike his cold bed. He squinted his eyes and the first thing he saw was Arya. He blinked thinking he was still in a dream. When he opened his eyes again, Arya was really there, sleeping beside him.