twenty eight - ffs

the title of this chapter explains my emotions towards lacey and ashtons relationship struggles

-

It's hard to believe that in a few months I'll be completely free from school - allowed to go whatever and go wherever I want. It's scary actually, but I guess I'm excited to see what happens next in my life. It's almost sad to have to leave this place after this year has seemed to make up for how awful my time at school had been in the past years. I've met some amazing people - and not so amazing people - and it'll suck saying goodbye to them. Especially certain people.

I barge my way through the busy corridors of the school until I get to my locker. One thing I will not miss about school is having a locker on the third floor. You don't even understand the pain my heart feels once I reach the top of the stairs, although at the same time I feel like I've just climbed mount Everest and deserve a pat on the back.

I finally reach my locker when a pair of hands grab onto my shoulders, causing me to instantly turn around - already knowing exactly who's behind me from the sweet scent of his cologne. I smile as I face a grinning Ashton - not quite knowing why he's so happy at only second period.

"Hello there, Lacey," Ashton smirks as he presses himself against the lockers beside me. "Isn't it such a beautiful morning?"

"It's freezing cold and raining," I frown. "Plus, didn't you see Mr Raye's new skinhead haircut?"

Ashton smiles. Oh god something's wrong. He's never this happy. "Did you do something different with your hair?"

I roll my eyes as I shut my locker and face him. "Yes. I call this greasy mess 'I haven't watched my hair in three days kinda ponytail' look."

"You're so funny, Lacey," Ashton tilts his head to the side and gives me a glare - causing me to chuckle and he returns with a giggle. Something's definitely wrong.

"Okay, you're only ever this happy when your car gets washed or when you're making your friend's lives miserable," I sigh. "So, what insult did you use on Michael this time?"

Ashton shakes his head and furrows his eyebrows, clutching his chest as if he were genuinly hurt by my comment. He's an idiot. My idiot. "I'm offended you think so low of me, Lacey. I thought you would have realized by now that I am a changed man. I'm very mature."

"We sat up until two in the morning watching the Disney Channel..."

"1:45, actually," Ashton grins. I sigh as I watch him throw his backpack onto the ground and get onto his knees as he begins to rummage through his bag. Honesstly, I had enjoyed Ashton's mood over the past few days - everything about him has just been so comforting and calm. It's almost like life is rubbing it in my face that I'm going to be missing out on moments like this until I find someone new.

Ashton pulls out a scrunched up piece of paper and throws it onto the ground as he zips up his backpack. He stands back onto his feet, grabbing the ball of paper as he begins to unravel it with a huge grin on his face. I watch with anticipation, before he holds the paper closely to my face.

"Ashton, are you serious?" I gasp as I snatch his test paper from his hands.

"I told you I would," Ashton cooly speaks and I can tell he's pretty proud of himself for getting an A on his paper.

"I thought the test isn't for another couple of months?"

"I sat it early, you know because I'm leaving and stuff..."

Oh. "With grades like this, I'm pretty sure you could something better than soccer," I joke. Kind of.

Ashton takes the paper back and shrugs, shoving it back into his bag and seeming to be taking my small joke to heart. He looks intently back at me, biting on his lip. "There's nothing else I'd rather do, Lacey. I thought you got that."