chapter 45 | Caring

"I...I'm a bit scared to tell you what happened exactly. I don't want you to hate me or believe I'm a bad person."

"I won't judge you, Minjae. I know you're a good person," I reassure him as much as I can, noticing how concerned he is about this matter. "It's...do you remember the girl I mentioned some days ago?" he fiddles with his empty bottle but glances up at me, so I acquiesce. "Well...this happened with her. I don't like her. She's really annoying, she never leaves me alone even when I ask her to stop..." he keeps his eyes fixed on the item he's toying with. "On that day...the girls and boys were mixed for sport, but I went out for a moment because I needed to pee. When I left the restroom, she was there, so we were all alone, but she kept on bothering me some minutes earlier, she was often sticking her body to mine and trying to turn me on. Then...when I faced her...she..." he brings his hand up to his neck and rubs it. "She made me go back inside the restroom and started to touch me. She said she knew I'm a virgin, I mean, I—I'm not—"

"Minjae," I smile at him to relax the tension in his body. He licks his lips. "All right...I was still a virgin, but anyway. She didn't care about it and kept on rubbing her hands onto me. I pushed her away in a kind manner, but she asked me if I wanted to lose my virginity. At that moment, I thought about the fact that my friends often make fun of me because I never had sex, then I was feeling weird because of the heavy touches and all...so...so I wanted to be a man, and I did it. It was quick, I didn't feel the pleasure I thought I would, I was even thinking about someone else while doing it because I really hate her. I was stressed out, but once we were done, she told me I was cute because I was not experienced...I hated myself right after because I knew what I did was wrong, and this is now worse because she went to the director and told him I was the one who forced her to have sex with me...I'm really terrified...everyone believes her, my parents hate me for not waiting for the good one, for doing it with a random girl, and I feel horrible...I can't stop thinking about it. I'm scared to go to jail or something...I don't know..."

I exhale heavily but feel hurt to hear and see him so lost. I can't believe she dared to do that to him. "You won't go to jail, Minjae. They have no evidence, and you didn't do anything bad. You just made a mistake because you're young, and that your stupid friends influenced, pressured you. On top of that, she's the one who was sexually harassing you, who forced you when you made it clear you wanted her to stop, so you're not at fault. All right?"

"But I still feel disgusting," he bites his lips, bouncing his legs. "I shouldn't have done that. I wanted to wait for the good girl...I'm not that type of guy..."

"Hey, it's okay. You just made a mistake, I did too, but your parents shouldn't hate you for that. First, they should understand your friends had an influence on your decision, and why you decided to do it in the spur of the moment. I know how boys are often made fun of or humiliated by the others if they never had sex, or if they say they want to wait for the good one, so I understand you," I comfort him to make sure he doesn't feel guilty or bad for what he did. I don't want him to feel rejected by his parents like I did, I know how painful it is. "So first, talk about it to the director and tell him everything. How old is she?"

"She's seventeen," he looks into my eyes. "She's known for sleeping with a lot of guys at school...and I got to know only yesterday when my best friend came up to me that a girl was bullied by her...If I knew about this, I would never have done it with her..."

"Maybe the director will be more on your side since he must know for sure about all of this. You never did anything wrong, so I'm pretty sure everything will be all right, and if this doesn't go as planned, I'll help you. Okay?" I smile at him, caysing the same expression on his face. "Okay...thank you...I don't know what I would do without you...When the director told me about it, I panicked, and I was so terrified..."