14

Josh's POV

Today was Friday and I was meeting up with my middle school 'girlfriend' Kerris. I didn't want to go by it would make my mum shut up about it.

My mum always adored Kerris and wanted her and I to end up getting married and basically become the new Cory and Topanga. But I always saw Kerris as more of a friend then a girlfriend, despite her being my first kiss. She moved away just before we started High School and I hadn't heard form her since.

I arranged to meet her at Topanga's cafe as it just seemed like the most convenient place.

"Hey." She smiled giddily as I walked up to the table she was sat at. She was sat in at a table on the left as you walked in. She even got up and hugged me.

"Hi." I huffed her back to be nice but then pushed her away and sat across from her, with my back to the rest of the cafe.

"How are you Joshy?" I hadn't been called that in years.

"Um I'm good, how are you?" I replied.

"I'm good too, missed you tho." She smiled. This was so awkward.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we spoke. So, should we order?" I scanned over the menu to avoid looking at her. During the last little while of our relationship she got quite obsessive and possessive and she was not happy at all when I didn't want to do long distance. I even changed my phone number. I just hoped she'd changed now.

"Yes, we should." She smirked and looked at her menu.

One of the waitresses came over and she ordered a salad and water and I got a burger and diet coke. Topanga wasn't working today and Katy finished about half an hour before I was meant to have this catch up thing.

She started talking about old times and memories or school and Philly and I just went along with it.

Maya's POV

Farkle, Zay and I all had a free period last thing on a Friday so we decided to go study at Topanga's. I just needed to distract myself from the thought Josh was out with that girl Kerris or whatever. The plan suddenly back fired when we walked in and saw them sat there.

I turned and walked towards our usual table, I sat in the window so I could watch her and make sure she kept her hands off my guy.

"Farkle how the heck can you understand that." Zay asked shocked looking over towards Farkle's science textbook. I just chuckled and got out my art history textbook and started reading the chapter I had to for Monday - my eyes kept flicking up every time I heard Kerris laugh.

Farkle and Zay kept a conversation going but I zoned out and tried to listen into whatever Josh and Kerris were talking about, but sadly there were a little too far away.

"I'll be back." I stood up.

Josh's POV

We were talking about some random thing that happened in math one time when I felt a tap on the shoulder. I looked up to see Maya standing there looking a little off.

"Hey." I smiled up at her.

"Awh Josh, who is this?" Kerris said to Maya as if she was a child.

"This is Maya." I smiled.

"Awh, well I'm Kerris and I don't want to sound rude, but Josh and I are on a date-"

"Kerris, this isn't a date. Look this was a catch up between two old friends, that's it, I'm sorry if you wanted more." She huffed.

"Screw you." She said walking out the cafe, thankfully she'd already paid for her food.

"I would kiss you if your friends weren't over there." I whispered down to Maya.

"I would kiss back." She whisper-replied.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I nodded and walked out the cafe.