betterment

betterment
/ˈbɛtəm(ə)nt/
noun: betterment
the improvement of something.

betterment/ˈbɛtəm(ə)nt/noun: bettermentthe improvement of something

Glendale , AZ
Sunday January 25th
Soraya Legacy Valentine | binkie

"And how do you feel today Miss Valentine?" Dr Harris asked Soraya as she stared up st the ceiling.

"The same as every other day." Soraya replied not making a move to look at her therapist.

"Miss Valentine you do understand we cannot stop these therapy sessions until I see an improvement; no improvements have been made since your panic attack two weeks ago."

"Trenton told you about that?" Soraya asked curiously.

"Yes he did, he also told me you haven't been taking your prescribed pills and you worked yourself up stressing over Jalen. Who's Jalen, Soraya?"

"A young kid at the daycare."

"How do you feel about Jalen's childhood? Do you feel a connection between the both of you because you both possibly lacked a mother's love?"

"His mother is a disgusting an awful person let alone a mother. In ways she is worse than mine, my mother was an awful person but she was uptight and didn't have us living in a barn with bottles laid around everywhere and selling her body for alcohol."

"Understood, so how do you feel about your connection with Jalen?"

"I understand him, he's like my son I think of him as my child. I raised him from when he was 11 months old, I taught him right from wrong and watched as Kayson showed him how to kick a ball."

"Do you think how your mother treated you is what led you to have love for all these kids? And want to be a careworker?"

"Probably."

"Okay well I think you need to go out some more, not with the intention of making friends but just get some Arizona sun, the weather is lovely it would do you good to actually experience it."

"That's enough for today Valentine, please get your prescription at the front desk and take all your necessary pills." Dr Harris demanded as Soraya sat up and pushed herself off of the sofa and left out the room without uttering  a word to her slightly disappointed therapist.

⌛️⏳⌛️

"Has he done his homework?" Soraya asked gesturing to Jalen drinking a capri-sun and paying attention to the Teen Titans Go.