Get a Load of This Guy

Monday Night

Tony's POV

When he ran away, my heart shattered. The look in his eyes... I made him scared. He ran away from me, and I just wanted to disappear at that moment. He's not going to want to talk to me again. How do I mess things up so badly?

Peter's POV

It was around midnight when I finally went to the apartment. I was still in my suit, but I didn't care. I trodged along the sidewalks and watched the New Yorkers pass by me. They stopped and stared, but I just kept walking. I was still a snot-filled mess, and I knew that I was in for a beating when I would arrive to the apartment. Not looking forward to that, but I can't exactly do anything about it. 

I thought about the recent events. I mean, it makes so much sense. Fe? IRON!? Man, for a science nerd, I'm really dumb. Wait...

He saw that I have him down as "Dad." 

This is so embarrassing. I mean, yeah, I see him as a father figure, but I didn't want him to know that. He didn't really seem to mind, but it's too embarrassing to say that to him. HE'S TONY STARK.

I crawled into my bedroom window and changed out of my suit.

I feel bad that I ran off, though. I was just overwhelmed. It was really rude and selfish of me to do that. I have to go back tomorrow, but it looks like I have another problem to worry about.

I looked around the apartment, and there was trash everywhere. May was passed out on the couch, and she looked super hungover. But that wasn't the worst part. 

There was a man with her. 

He looked oddly familiar. He had silver hair, but he couldn't have been that much older than me which was pretty gross. He was on the floor, passed out as well. My breath hitched at the sudden realization.

Did May move on from Ben?

It's been a long time, but May has been messed up ever since then. Is she over it now?

What does that mean for me? Is she going to stop hurting me? Is she going to change? Will this guy help her heal? 

I stayed quiet while I cleaned their mess. After a while, I finished and went to sleep.

>_<

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off like the purge. 

"Peter, I have someone I'd like you to meet!" May yelled with an enthusiastic voice.

I ran out to the living room and both of them were chatting on the couch. He appeared to be decent, even though he was still hungover. May was obviously still drunk, so that explains the enthusiasm.

Giggling, she got up and pushed me on the couch. I sat as close to the end as possible.

"Peter, this is my new boyfriend, Steven. Steven, this is-" she hiccuped. "This is Beter. Beter, say hi." she gestured to Steven, then took another swig of alcohol. I waved awkwardly at the guy. He looked at me up and down and smirked. He held out his hand for me to shake.

"Hello, Peter." He smiled at me. I took his hand, and as soon as our hands met, I shivered. I can't help but feel I know him from somewhere...

"It's nice to meet you. I didn't know May had a kid." 

"Oh no, Peter's not my kid. He's my nephew. Right- uhhh Pedro?" May asked.

"Yep." I stated bluntly. 

"Alright Picante, go get ready for school."

"Yes ma'am, did you want your food then?"

"It's alright, Printer, Steven will make me breakfast, won't you, sweetie?" She turned to Steven.

"Yep!"

"Alright." I stood up quickly and got prepared to leave. 

As soon as I was about to head out the door, Steven stopped me. I tensed, thinking I was in trouble. I turned around to face him. He handed me a napkin holding two grilled cheeses, cut diagonally. He smiled at me as I awkwardly took the napkin.

"Th-thanks..." He just smiled at me. "I-I'm gonna- I'm gonna go now..."

"Of course." He smiled again and head back to the kitchen. This guy is really unsettling.

I left the apartment and ate the sandwiches on my way to school. They weren't bad, but they felt good to eat considering I don't eat much.

>_<

School was normal, but I got to eat lunch again which was different. I put my earbuds in and listened to False Direction by Dayglow (A/N Check out Dayglow, theyre AWESOMEEE) as I walked through the halls filled with sweaty teens. 

I walked outside and went straight to Stark Towers. I'm a spider on a mission.

A/N That took way too long to be so short, but I promise there will be a new update tomorrow! 

Have an awesome rest of the day/night! 💕