Chapter eighteen

Lillian sat next to Peter as the two were catching up, Lillian holding onto his hand the entire time. ''The one thing I don't understand is that I dreamed about you.'' 

''Well that's odd. I never contacted you.'' His eyes widened as he shook his head. ''Not that I didn't try, I just failed.'' Lily chuckled as she took his hand and brought it up to her lips, kissing his knuckles. 

''I know, I understand.'' She sighed as she let go off his hand. ''I just need to figure out what's going on here.'' 

Lillian had finally gotten around to calling her father back, her eyes widening as she put on her coat, walking out of the door and meeting him at the station, staring at the empty box. ''How is that even possible? We would have known if he had the dagger.'' She threw the empty box around the room, Weaver frowning as he pulled her into a hug. She melted into his touch, it had been so long ago since she last had gotten a hug from him and now, she craved it more than anything. She pulled back as she sighed loudly. Weaver throwing his arm around her and the duo walking outside, intending to meet Roni. 

''Impressive-looking magic.'' Lily could see Roni jump at the sudden voice behind her, turning to face the father- daughter duo. ''Would you mind if I asked where it came from?''

''Weaver. Don't you knock?'' 

''I don't have time for pleasantries. Just answer the question... Where did it come from?''

''Samdi gave it to me to help heal Henry.'' She motioned to the cauldron next to her, a big smile on her face as she looked at Lily. ''And I'm close.'' She than frowned, remembering the duo never tried to meet her.'' Why? What's gotten into you?''

''Well, maybe you should ask your boyfriend,'' Lillian answered back, moving her hand around herself. ''considering he kept some of that for himself... Then used it to kill Hansel before stealing the Dark One Dagger.'' She had an -obvious- fake smile on her face as she looked at the older woman.

''No.''

''If you want to keep fooling yourself, be my guest.'' He spoke as he walked closer, Lillian walking to the cauldron. ''But he doesn't care about you... Never did. He just used you so he could get close enough to get what he really wanted from me.''

''Get the hell out of here.'' Roni spoke, trying to turn her back to Weaver, but before she could, he stopped her. 

''No, no, no, not until I take something to level the playing field.''

''No.'' she practically shouted, snatching her hand away from Weaver. ''This is the only hope of healing Henry, and you're not touching it.''

''Your desperate little family reunion can wait. Your son's been fine long enough without your hugs. He'll survive.'' 

''You mean your grandson?'' She countered back, her glare going to Lillian before turning back to Weaver. ''Look, I know Belle's death has been hard on you, and I know you're yearning to get back to her.  But this isn't the way. -- Trust me. Let me speak to Samdi. I'll get to the bottom of this. Until then, don't do anything crazy.'' Lillian smirked at her. 

''Crazy, us?'' She snickered at herself, walking out of the basement. ''Never.'' 

Sophie sat with Logan in the library, the two holding hands as they played footsie under the table ... much to annoyance of Hunter. ''Can you two stop that?'' 

Sophie's cheek turned red as she pulled her legs under her chair, her hand skimming over the paper as she turned the page over. The three of them decided to make themselves useful on trying to find a way to get the dagger back for their mother and maybe find something for Henry and with that, the curse. ''did you know there is something called, the guardian?'' Sophie brought up, both boys turning to the only girl in the room. ''That person is able to protect the dagger.'' Her eyes lit up as she looked at Hunter. ''That person could rid mom and grandpa of the dagger.'' A leg hit hers, she glared at Logan as she spoke up.

''Not the ti-'' 

''Shh.'' He nodded over to Tilly and Margot, who stopped only a few feet away from them and they were now in hearing-distance. Hunter's eyes roamed over to their linked hands, smiling at them as he gave a soft wave to Tilly, the girl waving back. 

Lillian and Weaver arrived at Samdi's very shortly after Roni had left, Lillian kept her head tall as the two stepped out of their hiding spot. ''Hello dark one, Lilith.'' 

''If you've been here, you know I don't have what you're looking for.''

''Well, Roni may believe you, but us?'' Lillian questioned as she put a finger to her mouth. ''We know better.''

''I'd say it's time for a little chat.'' Weaver added to it, his hand resting on her shoulder as the two glared at him. 

''So, it seems Roni was right to be concerned about you.''

''Let's leave her out of this.'' Lillian spoke up, her blue eyes turning a light red color as she glared at him. ''This is between you and us.''

''Fine. Well, feel free to look around.'' He motioned around. ''I have nothing to hide.''

''I don't expect to find anything here. You're smarter than that.'' Weaver had walked up to him as his gun clicked, putting the gun to his chest. ''Wherever you put that dagger, you've hidden it well. Now you are gonna tell me where it is.''

''You pull that trigger, you don't get back to that sweet, little wife on the Other Side... If she's even still waiting for you.'' He smirked at Weaver as he stepped closer, allowing the metal to dig into his skin. ''I'm betting that's a risk you're not willing to take.''

''I will find where you've put that dagger... however I have to.''

''I'm sure that's true. But the next time you threaten me, you better follow through.'' With the blink of an eye, the two were sitting in Weavers car, Lillian looking around as she banged her fist against the window, frustrated with herself. 

The two arrived back in Roni's basement, Lillian frowning at the cauldron as she smelled it, Weaver walking over to a locked cabinet and breaking it open, getting the small bottle out of it. Lillian pursed her lips together as he opened the cap. She wanted to cure Henry more than anything, but the dagger was more important than anything else was, even Henry. 

Weaver poured the contents over a map of Hyperian Heights, the magic absorbing into it and burning a spot on the map, Lillian looking over his shoulder. He glanced back at her with a smirk, the two of them walking outside again. 

Lillian decided to stop looking for the dagger, as her head was currently killing her. She hung up her coat as the banging only got louder, a clang ringing through the house. Her head snapped away from the couch, her eyes landing on the dagger. ''What the hell?'' She rushed to it, her eyes widening as she shook her head in despair. ''N-No, no, no, no, NO!'' A flash of gold filled the room, all the pictures falling off the wall, glass shattering everywhere, but Lily didn't have a single cut on her. 

I just had to upload this earlier because I couldn't wait! I bet you didn't see that twist coming, now did ya? If you looked closely throughout my entire book, from season 1 to season 7 I've left a few clues about Lillian being the guardian instead of Tilly. If you think you've spotted any, please let me know! I hope you enjoyed my twist and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated. I'll see you next week!

-X Violet's-library