𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐀 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑
"𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑜𝑏𝑣𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑛𝑜𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝑏𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑏𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒𝑠."
― 𝐴𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑢𝑟 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑛 𝐷𝑜𝑦𝑙𝑒; 𝐶𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐸𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑜𝑟 𝐸𝑑𝑔𝑎𝑟 𝑊. 𝑆𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ; 𝐼𝑙𝑙𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑠, 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑠
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟒𝟎𝟒𝟓

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐖𝐎. What's up?" Liliana nodded in greeting as she walked up to Ron and Hermione, who were sitting in two of the chairs next to the fires.

The two of them were bent over their own parchment papers, their eyebrows furrowed as they muttered to themself. They hardly even acknowledged her presence, though Liliana was assured they knew she was there by Hermione's glance and Ron's flimsy wave. 

Liliana leaned over to see Hermione's paper, seeing the half-completed star chart that she was filling out before giving a small nod of understanding. "Ah, astronomy?"

"Yep," Ron confirmed, heaving a small sigh as he glanced up at Liliana. "Why does there have to be so many constellations?"

"I hear you," Liliana laughed as she sat down in the chair beside Hermione. She's had her fair share of completing star charts. Even now, Liliana was having to fill out endless papers about lunar cycles.

Just then, Liliana turned to the entrance as Harry came into the common room. He was slightly muddy from his Quidditch practice. He walked towards the three of them, slightly confused by the excitement that had taken over the room.

"What's happened?" he asked as he reached them.

"First Hogsmeade weekend," Ron explained, gesturing towards the announcement that had been pinned to the bulletin board. "End of October. Halloween."

"Excellent." Fred, who had followed Harry into the room, rubbed his hands together. "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly out of Stink Pellets."

Harry plopped down in the chair next to Ron, an upset look on his face. He hadn't gotten his permission slip signed, as his muggle relatives were simply the worst, meaning he'd have to stay behind with the first and second years while everyone else got to visit the village. 

On top of that, according to Mr. Weasley, Sirius Black was supposedly on the hunt for Harry. So, of course, he had been advised to not leave school grounds, and although he did it with complaint, he complied.

"Harry, I'm sure you'll be able to go next time," Liliana reassured him with a small smile. "They're bound to catch Black soon. He's been sighted once already."

"Black's not fool enough to try anything in Hogsmeade." Ron shook his head. "Ask McGonagall if you can go this time, Harry. The next one might not be for ages—"

"Ron!" Hermione cut him off, an incredulous look upon her face. "Harry's supposed to stay in school—"

"He can't be the only third-year left behind," Ron argued back. "Ask McGonagall, go on, Harry—"

"Yeah, I think I will," Harry decided.

Hermione was about to say something back, when her ginger cat, Crookshanks, gently jumped onto her lap, a dead spider hanging from his mouth.