one hundred & nine | gift

"Here goes nothing" Jisoo lastly whispers as she takes a big gulp of her saliva before she presses on the doorbell.

Five seconds later, not like she was counting, the front door opened and immediately she was greeted by Mrs. Kim's warm smile.

"Oh Jisoo! It is so nice to see you! It's been awhile since you came over" she started, her eyes beam in genuine happiness seeing the teenager.

"What are you doing standing there so awkwardly, come on in!" Mrs. Kim grabbed Jisoo by the shoulder inviting her in.

"I'm assuming you're here because of Taehyung's birthday. He's just in his room, he's been acting weird lately sweetie, maybe you could talk to him if anything is bothering him?" Mrs. Kim continues to wrap her arm around Jisoos shoulder, slightly rubbing it, the comforting kind.

"Oh haha, s—ure" Jisoo awkwardly responded back, I mean what else could have said?

Just like that Mrs. Kim finally freed Jisoo from her grip. A long heave of sigh exited her mouth. She felt quite suffocated just then.

Before she knew it, her body stood still facing the door of Taehyung's bedroom. Jisoo lifts her hand, hesitating to knock.

Nope. Nope, she can't do it she thought. This is a mistake. She should've just told the adoption center to keep her money, I mean it's about time she started returning favour to the community, she'll just consider it as a donation.

But the other consciousness in Jisoo's mind, the dumb one she likes to say, is telling her to knock, because deep down she knows she wants to see him and try to talk things out once more.

But no, she can't. She can't keep doing this to herself. Thus, Jisoo decided to leave. She'll just hand over the dog cage carrier to Mrs. Kim to give to Taehyung, and make some stupid excuse as to why she had to leave right away.

Jin had an emergency.... he woke up with a pimple. Sounds like a pretty convincing excuse, no?

As if it's been a trend, luck was yet again not to Jisoo's favour.

The dog began to bark loudly multiple times. Anyone who's heard a puppy bark knows how high pitched their sounds are.

Jisoo lifts the cage immediately, "shhhhh!!!"

"Shit" Jisoo hurries to leave but before she could escape the crime scene, the door swung open.

"Chu?"

Oh how she misses that voice, oh how she misses hearing that name...

Jisoo stood frozen mentally cursing herself. If she could disappear or teleport, she would.

"Jisoo?" V spoke again.

Jisoo slowly turned her body around to face the man who was evidently surprised to see her in his presence.

"Hehe" she let out an awkward chuckle.

"Uh— here." Jisoo took a few steps towards Taehyung dropping the cage in front of him, then immediately taking a few steps back, keeping a safe distance from him.

"What's th—" his question was interrupted upon hearing a tiny high pitched barking sound originating from the cage.

He bends leaning over to see if what he's assuming it to be is correct. Just as he saw it, he quickly glanced up towards Jisoo who was observing his reaction.

His big black doe-eyes looked at her with excitement.

"Wa—wait, is this for me?!" He looks back down as he unlocks the cage and welcomes the tiny Pomeranian into his arms.