Chapter 10: Confession

It was that night that Mew decided he was going to........

Confess his feeling.

He was finally going to do it.

Maybe it was Gulf's words the night before, maybe it was the way Gulf looked when he woke up in his bed, all flustered and red and apologetic.

Whatever it was, Mew was determined.

He went ahead and bought the watch Art had wanted. He also bought some flowers.

College hours were finally done, so Mew found a nice private spot in the park, and texted Art.

"Are you free?"  Mew texted.

"It depends." Replied Art.

Mew sent his location to Art then texted " I have the watch."

"I'll be there in 5."

Mew waited in silence, smelling the fresh air and feeling the soft heat of the sun on his face. He was nervous, his legs shaking in anticipation.

But then he remembered Gulf's words. He smiled to himself, unconsciously.

Even thought Gulf was Mew's height, and was super quiet and conservative, he still had this hidden cuteness.

Just as his thoughts began to wonder to Gulf and he began calming down, he heard Art calling out to him.

"Mew." Called Art waving to Mew.

"Art!" Exclaimed Mew rising from the bench he was sitting on.

They both sat down, as Mew handed Art the watch. Watching as he opened it, and tried it on. His eyes shinning in happiness.

When he looked at Mew, his eyes twinkling with happiness, a smiled spreading across his face. Mew beamed.

He quickly turned around grabbed the bouquet of red roses and handed it to Art.

Art took it, his face scrunching up in confusion before looking back up at Mew.

" What's the occasion? Asked Art.

Mew scooted closer, grabbing onto Art's hand, looking straight at him. "I like you." He blurted out.

He felt Art tense up, before smiling back at him laughing awkwardly. " I like you too, we are friends after all?"

Art hoped Mew wouldn't push it, that he would just awkwardly laugh and agree. He needed Mew to stay platonic. He was well aware of Mew's feeling, but he needed Mew. Mew always gave him everything he wanted, and did everything he wanted.

But Art wasn't going to give him anything but company. Art entertained Mew's infatuation, and Mew in return bought whatever Art wanted. It was mutual benefit. Or so Art believed.

But Mew did speak.

" Not that kind of like, the I want you to be my "lover" kind of like. The like that includes going on dates and kissing.....that kind." He blurted out his eyes looking towards Art's in anticipation.

"No." Said Art in a hushed tone.

"What?" Asked Mew his face still glowing with joy.

"That's Disgusting." Said Art pulling his hand out of Mew's grasp, and standing up in an attempt to leave.

Mew felt his heart crumble, but he couldn't just let him go.

He grabbed his arm. "Wait Art!"

"Let go of me!" But when Mew didn't, Art became angry and started shouting. " The answer is no, I'm not some gay shit! That's disgusting, and I thought you were a friend. You're nothing but a creep! Now let me go, and don't come looking for me ever again!"