024

november 8th, 2019
7:02 pm

JALEN ADJUSTED THE NAVY SUIT JACKET HE HAD ON IN THE FULL LENGTH MIRROR HUNG up in the hallway of Noelani's home

Standing a few feet away near the front door was Jurnee and his parents who were talking to Noelani's parents.

Jalen checked his watch then glanced at the staircase that lead upstairs.

Jurnee followed Jalen's gaze, "I wonder what's taking her so long?"

Alejandro, a man with skin a little darker than Jalen's and Noelani's father, cupped his hands around his mouth, "Noel! Let's boogie!"

"Almost done! Give me another minute." Noelani called back.

Jalen turned back to the mirror and readjusted the very loose tie, then pulled it completely off.

The snap of high heels against wood caused Jalen to turn his attention towards the staircase.

Jalen was simply starstruck at the sight of Noelani all dressed up instead of her usual jeans and graphic tee combo.

It honestly felt like time had slowed down.

Noelani was making her way downstairs in a gold satin minidress that matched Jalen's tie and showed off her brown skin.

The black sandal heels she adorned were simple with a skinny strap around her ankles.

Her acrylic nails were a navy blue that matched Jalen's suit with gold detailing on the ring fingers.

Her usual curls were straightened and her hair now dropped past her sternum in a deep side part. The makeup on her face was understated, except for the highlight on her cheekbones and the red lipstick.

So, yeah.

Starstruck was the right word.

"Close your mouth son." Marcus chuckled.

Jalen glanced towards the set of parents who were looking back at him, clearly amused.

Jalen started to twist the front of his curls as Noelani finally reached them.

Her eyes dropped to the tie in his hand and Jalen sheepishly shrugged.

Noelani adjusted the gold dress she had on before walking over to him, her heels snapping against the hardwood floors in her home.