preface

I do not own Tom Riddle or any other Harry Potter character. I do not own the Harry Potter franchise or world. The only original characters are the Petrov family and any other OC's that I might add along the way. Please be advised that parts of the timeline have been adapted to fit the story. This is an Alternate Universe story, which means that I am at liberty to change what I see fit.

"Again?" his voice did not quiver due to the threat, utterly unfazed by the dagger

"Again?" his voice did not quiver due to the threat, utterly unfazed by the dagger. It was not the first time she was threatening him, and yet it felt entirely different. "Each time it gets less impressive."

chapter thirty-four of the seven devils

fanart by avendellart on instagram

characters are aged-up for 5th years (varya and tom are eighteen, don't think too much about it)

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE

Be advised that this story contains the following: triggering mentions of manipulation, gaslighting, death, explicit gore, mature scenes, torture, and religious themes.

THIS IS A SLOW-BURN!

This fanfic incorporates Eastern European folklore, including the tale of Scholomance, Koschei the Deathless, multiple demons and creatures, symbols of paganism, implied satanism, and mythology. Because the main character is a slavic girl born in a non-slavic country, her family name has been changed to the masculine version to abide by national requirements.

The characters are also built on psychological profiles, and as such, they are not perfect. If you expect a main character that does not show humanity or emotions at the sight of manipulation, then this is not for you. Varya is a person that grows through experience and learns how to outsmart the Knights. She also has flaws, especially selfishness, but is still ruthless and powerful.

I am currently working on rewriting this fanfic as an original novel and (hopefully) publishing it by the summer/autumn of 2021. It would mean a lot if you would support it!

If you are a rereader, please do not spoil the plot for anyone in the comments. This book relies on its plot-twists and sublayers, so as much as I appreciate every single comment, I will have to delete any spoilers.

You can, however, leave a friendly message right here if you liked this book so that others can be motivated to finish it!

Note: This fanfic portrays a relationship based on my own experience with narcissistic behavior and sociopaths. It should NOT be romanticized, but rather acknowledge for the damaging effects that it can have. While I do intend to have my characters grow, it takes time, just like it did for me. Please understand that Tom Riddle is not someone who should be sought after, not with his behavior in the first book at least. This is potentially triggering due to manipulation and gaslighting, but also tailored to my own struggles. Not everyone experiences such things the same way, but we must acknowledge the effects that manipulation will have on mental health! I fully accept criticism so please let me know on anything you think might be improper, but do not invalidate me or be disrespectful. Please do not project yourself on my characters, as they are fictional and in a fantasy setting, therefore they do not abide the moral structure of our society. I have a 2k word essay on Varya and Tom's dynamic if you wish for further explanation on my take, so please let me know if you need further clarification on my intentions!

THIS IS A VILLAIN ORIGIN STORY. Do not expect my characters to be nice, morally righteous or to empathize too much. This is a DARK FIC and a TOM RIDDLE one, so go over the trigger warnings cautiously before yelling at me.

 This is a DARK FIC and a TOM RIDDLE one, so go over the trigger warnings cautiously before yelling at me

spotify- theshprint

tiktok - slthriddle

instagram - slthriddle

NOTE: I do not appreciate comments about other fanfics on my work unless you recommend books to fellow Harry Potter fans! That is completely fine, but comparing my characters to those of other fanfics takes away from my effort to create them and covers them in a translucent veil of deceit.

PLEASE DO NOT PLAGIARIZE MY IDEAS, CONCEPTS, THEMES OR CHARACTERS.

started: 29th of august 2020

ended: 28th of November 2020

word count: 279,876