39) Their Comfort

Double update, I hope everyone has a safe and fun Spring Break! 🌷

"Of course. Have a nice day! Bye, Claire!" Ella waved at the young girl that was trudging away with her mom, slightly upset that she would no longer get to finish forming the puzzle that was in the waiting room.

The little girl didn't even turn around to wave at Ella. She was too busy being upset with her mom to even remember the nice doctor.

Once they were gone from Ella's view, Ella almost collapsed onto her seat, wincing slightly from how tender her body was today.

She didn't really dread her menstrual cycle these years; she had grown accustomed to it and seeing as how there was no other option, she would just push herself through her day, but today... today seemed to be a special shark week.

Tender joints, back pain, body aching cramps, and to top it off, nausea that had her on the brink of curling up into a ball at the corner or her desk.

Ella kept telling herself that this typically lasted a day, maybe two, and then she would be good to go. She had these symptoms rarely, so she was trying to push through.

"Uh," Ella moaned when she tried to get up but she would only get dizzy. Sitting back down, she felt saliva getting thicker, a well-known symptom of her nausea.

Ella didn't generally take pain pills, she liked her body to just fight it off since she could without much complaint, but today, she needed some. Unfortunately for her, since she didn't take them often, if ever, she didn't have any in her office.

Ella didn't feel like she would suitable enough to even drive right now, so she sat in her place, placing her head down in hopes that her symptoms would leave for just long enough so that she could finish her day.

They didn't, and she was having to walk very slowly to everything, and only speak in increments, which is just unprofessional and rude.

"Ms. Ella, perhaps you should just go home." One of her patients, Mr. Baron, who was a victim of PTSD after enlisting in the army, recommended while he helped her to her seat. "I've never seen anyone with this bad of a stomach ache. What if it's an ulcer?"

Ella couldn't help but to smile. She felt rather embarrassed to say it was her menstrual cycle, so she just said it was a stomach ache, which wasn't a complete lie.

"It's not an ulcer, Mr. Baron, don't worry." Ella tried to assure him, swallowing a groan a pain as she clutched the cushion under her tighter. "Just... let's just get started." Ella forced herself to get up on wobbly legs, allowing the older man to help her to her desk where she proceeded to give them therapy as best as she could.

After the session was over, Ella was on the brink on tears, trying to quell her stomach with some water, but that wasn't seeming to help.

"I'm calling an ambulance." Baron shook his head while pulling out his phone. Ella was turning a bit pale, squirming in her seat in obvious pain.

"No, no. Seriously, it happens..." Ella took a deep breath, feeling like her insides were being slowly and torturously tugged down. "Sometimes... it happens sometimes." She finished, breathing in deeply.

"Happens?!" Baron was alerted almost instantly, now really concerned. "Ms. Ella, I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure this isn't normal." He was dialing something on his cell when a knock resounded.

"Come in." Ella called out, checking the time. She couldn't even get up to open the door, but thankfully, it was just Damien.

"Hey, love. I was wondering..." Damien paused, looking at a different and stressed Ella. "What's wrong?" He stepped forward at a quicker pace, leaving a bouquet of roses on the desk Ella was slumped over.