Season 1: Chapter 11

Season 1

Chapter 11

It probably started since a little after Davidron came to the house as a knight, maybe even before that. He openly showed his interest admiration for me even though in front of others. He also changed from when we first meet, he is still like his old self when in front of others but different and full of respect when with me. Others may perceive it as a feeling of respect but I know he thought differently. He mistook it as a romantic feeling.

Napatingin ako kay Hilda na inaayos ang aking mga gamit.

I know she also knows about it because she is quick to uptake things. Hindi niya lamang ito sinasabi sa akin. If she did that, things will just be awkward between us. I know she is open-minded but I do not want us to be uncomfortable with each other.

Just now, I heard a news from the maids gossiping that Davidron has returned.

My hand went to my lips.

I see. So he has returned, huh?

Napatango ako.

I am glad to hear it. Knowing him, he must be here to finally sort out what he truly feels about me.

Naramdaman ko ang sigla ni Hilda nang malaman din iyon.

She has been feeling a bit down since I ordered her not to spy on him these past week. She must be excited to see him again.

“Hilda, let us dress up.” Ani ko sa kanya. She nodded and helped me quickly. She also tied half or her, leaving a little decoration in it.

Of course, she wants to look good in front of Davidron since she is gonna meet him again. Was that how I am when I from my past life? Looking good in front of the people I like and acting lovesick?

Napabuntong-hininga ako.

I do not even want to remember it.

Umiling ako.

“Is something wrong, my lady?” Pag-alalang tanong sa akin ni Hilda nang makita ang pag-iling ko.

“No, I am fine.” I smiled to gave her an assurance. “Let us go and meet Davidron, shall we?” I grinned.

“Yes, my lady!” She exclaimed out of joy. We took our time and went to the training grounds where I expected to find him.

I was right since I can see his familiar back, swinging his sword and slashing a training dummy.

“He looks completely fine.” Hilda commented. I agreed and nodded.

“You came back.” Bati ko kay Davidron nang makalapit kami sa kanya. He straightened and stopped swinging his sword. Masigasig siyang humarap sa amin ngunit ang mga mata niya ay wala sa akin.

He is feeling embarassed.

“Greetings to Milady. I am sorry for coming back late.” Yumuko siya.

“It is fine, as long as you came back. So?” Pinagkrus ko ang aking mga braso. I gazed at Hilda. “Please leave us alone for a while, Hilda.” Ani ko sa kanya. She pouted a bit. “Do not worry. You can have him later.” I whispered that made brighten again. Kaunti siyang napamula sa aking sinabi.

“I understand, my lady.” She nodded before leaving. Kaming dalawa lang ngayon ni Davidron. The other knights are far from us so them hearing our conversation will be impossible. Muli akong napatingin sa kanya upang marinig ang kanyang sasabihin.

“Yes, Milady. About what you said, I think you are half right and wrong.” Napatabingi ako sa kanyang sinabi.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I think I may have like you out of respect. At the same time, it may have grown and I really think that I like you as a woman.” Napaawang ang aking bibig.

Is that really so?

“I see.” He gulped and looked at me in the eye. I can feel his burning gaze.

“Please let me stay by your side as a knight and as man who likes you, Milady. I want to confirm what I really feel now that I am back here to you again. Please don’t cast me aside.” Desperadong sabi niya. I was a bit taken aback. Napalunok ako at parang may tinik sa lalamunan.

“Davidron.” Sambit ko sa kanyang pangalan.

“I am not casting you aside. Hindi ko rin intensiyon na palayuin ka mula sa akin. I told you, did I not? I only want you as my knight.” His face brightened. “But...” Napatigil siya. “... I also do not intend to treat you as a man.” Diretsahan kong sabi. “So I am saying this now, sorry for not being able to reciprocate your feelings. Even in the future, I know it will not happen.” I sighed a bit.

“Milady, is it because---”

“No.” I cut his words off. “It is not because you are my knight. Ito ay dahil nakikita na rin kitang bilang kaibigan at nakatatandang kuya lamang.” Napaawang ang kanyang mga labi. “Do not get your hopes high.” Tumaas ng kaunti ang aking boses. His face showed great pain and shock. A smirk formed in my lips.

I am so cruel. Even feeling nothing but a bit of pity. Bakit nga ba hindi ko ito sinabi sa kanya nang malaman ang kanyang nararamdaman para sa akin?

Napapikit ako.

Ah, I know. It was because I was not interested in his feelings that it even grew bigger and deeper than before.

Napahawak ako sa aking mukha at itinago ito.

I really am cruel.

“Milady.” His voice expressed sadness. Tumingin ako sa kanya. His eyes full of sadness and pain changed to conviction. “I understand, Milady. I will keep that in mind.” Matigas niyang sabi. “I will not expect any hope for you to return my feelings.” So he says but he showed a bit of hesitance.

Liar. It was just like when he confessed to me before. I am slowly not understanding him. Really, Hilda knows him the better.

Napangisi ako.

“Keep your word. I have an errand for you, Davidron. Fix yourself.” I went back inside after that and ordered him to go to a certain place with Hilda.

The errand was simple that they did not have to go together, even a kid is enough to run the errand. In truth, it was for them to have time together and talk about some things. Hilda understood it and willingly went with him.

It was two in the afternoon when they came back. Hilda was fidgeting in joy and could not hide her big smile while Davidron was quiet and still awkward with her, kamot pa nito ang buhok at hindi makatingin kay Hilda. Seems like they got comfortable with each other a bit since I did not see any resistance in his face. He is still annoyed with her but not that much.

“Thank you, guys. You may leave now.” Ani ko kay Davidron. Umalis ito sa aking kwarto bago yumuko. Hilda handed me the bouquet of flowers I told them to buy. The fragrance of the red roses lingered on my nose. I closed my eyes.

It was well taken care of, huh?

Gently, I took a peek of the piece of paper attached in it.

Maise Flower Shop

“Was the one who took care of it a young woman with silver hair and brown eyes?” Tanong ko habang sinusuri ang mga rosas.

“How did you know, my lady?” Hilda asked in surprise. I did not answer. I stood up and threw the bouquet in the fireplace. It quickly devoured it. The side of my lips curved.

It has the started, the story it is.

Hinawi ko ang aking buhok. My eyes rolled.

I went to the library of the capital early in the morning since I am running out of interesting books to read in my library. Alluis came with us since he insisted that he wanted to spend time with me. Hilda also came since she is my only maid while Davidron came back on duty and replaced Sir George in escorting me. Sir George did not complain and allowed it instead since Davidron was the one who always escorts me even before he took a leave. The guards at the entrance of the library let us in without further ado.

Hmm...it seems like I am quite famous in the capital since my coming-of-age that they let us enter by just looking at my face.

I almost laughed.

“Sister, what book are you trying to find?” Kuryosong tanong sa akin ni Alluis nang makitang hindi pa ako nakahanap ng babasahing libro. I am still loitering around since I also do not know what I want to read.

“A book where a lot of people die?” My finger went to my lips.

“What?” Alluis asked in flabbergast.

“I want something interesting.” I repeated and gave him a smile. Nakahinga siya ng maluwag sa pagko-korekta ko sa aking sinabi.

“Oh. I heard that there is a shelf where some unusual books are placed within. I think it is in the back corner.”

“Thank you, Alluis.” I smiled.

“I-It’s nothing if it’s for my sister.” He blushed and avoided my gaze. Tumila ako sa pinaka-likod at natagpuan ang naiibang estante.

It had a different design so I easily distinguished it as the unusual shelf that Alluis mentioned.

Lalapit na sana ako nang napa-atras ako dahil sa aking nakabangga. I lost my balance. Napapikit ako nang matutumba na nang maramdamang may mainit na bagay na pumalibot sa aking baywang. Someone saved me from my fall. I opened my eyes and recognized a familiar and sinful face.

“Your... Highness?” What is he doing here?